Wierdness with Sharpshooters in CMBB

Hep

Earlier I was playing a Quick battle in CMBB where I placed three German sharpshooters against a platoon of Soviet Rileman in a meeting engagement; I was playing the German snipers against the Soviet AI.

I moved my snipers into position and waited for the approaching Soviet infantry; once the Soviets came into range my snipers began firing, thats when I noticed something strange was happening. My snipers were firing, but they didn't have the red line attached to what they were firing at, and it seemed they were firing in large barrages; how you would expect a rifle platoon to fire; and not just one round at a time. Also I noticed that when they fired like this it did not take away from their ammo supply.

I am running the latest version of CMBB and this is the first problem I have noticed since I have been playing. If anyone can make any sense of this, I would appreciate it. :D

[ August 09, 2004, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Hep ]

First of all, this doesn't really belong to Tech Support which is for stuff like CMBB disk freezing your computer and killing your mother.

As to your issue, what was the range? At sub-100m or so they use pistols for self defence. Also, sharpshooters fire more than one shot at a time. As in, quickly firing a series of shots at exposed enemies, then hiding and changing position before he gets spotted and killed.

Well, I thought that this might be a bug so I did not know where else to post it. Thanks for the heads up though.

My Sharpshooters were in good positions and weren't in danger of enemy fire, they were firing at the Soviets from about 200m away. I zoomed in on the Sharpshooters to watch them as they fired and it did not even show them raising their rifles, and the status screen never showed that they were reloading between shots. I noticed that when I manually selected targets for them everything seemed to be fine, they raised their rifle, fired and reloaded, and they would lose ammo as they fired.