How to fix the (0xc0000135) error!

Madmatt

I get emails all the time saying the same thing. People install the game, launch it and then get the error that the game won't launch and it lists this error code:(0xc0000135).

The fix is simple, you just need to make sure you have the Microsoft .Net Framework installed.

We have made this easy for you do as we have shipped the .Net Framework installer along with the game.

To install it, simply do this:

Go into your Start Menu, then select Program Files>Battlefront>Down In Flames and click on the icon called "Install .Net Framework". That will install the Microsoft .Net Framework software that is required for the game to run.

That's it!

Madmatt

• 2 months later...

I already had the .NET Framework 2.0 installed. I thought that would be alright, but I'm getting a error message, flickering graphics and a CTD when I say OK to the error message. This happens as soon as I get past the first splash screen.

Do I need to back date to version 1.1?

The game doesn't work with the 2.0 version of the .NET framework yet. However, you don't need to uninstall anything because you can have both the 1.1 version and the 2.0 version of the framework installed at the same time.

Just install the 1.1 version that came with the game (should be on the start menu in the same area as the one that starts the game).

• 1 year later...