Wingman semi-freeze when choosing target

Strider

I've downloaded the gold demo, after uninstalling the beta demo, and deleteing the dir, I've installed it.

The second 'local' game I played I experienced the same problem I had with the beta demo, and possibibly online.

At times, when I choose the enemy leader as a target for my wingman, the target icon turns red, but the game seems to keep waiting until the timer runs out. Sometimes when the timer runs out, the enemy leader is the target, and sometimes it changes my target to the enemy wingman. I've always been able to click on the enemy wingman and get the expected instant reaction. In at least one 2vs2 online game, this same type of thing happend and caused problems with one of the players. Once we communicated via email to each other, he seemed to calm down. He thought I was deliberately running out the timer.

I had uninstalled the beta demo completely and reinstalled it twice. I thought maybe it was just some gremlin with my system, but now that I've installed the gold demo and it continues to happen I'm not so sure.

I'm running XP pro with SP2. Intel m/b 2.4 P4, 1 gig RAM, Radeon 9600 128 meg RAM.

Has anyone else had this problem?

A new type of 'lag'. I had successfully played a maneuver card against the enemy leader with my leader. I right-clicked to open my leader's cards (I don't know why), and attempted to choose another maneuver card to play. Nothing would happen, but the timer kept going down. I even clicked inside the cards-in-hand-window (not really expecting anything to happen). I closed the window, and tried to play a card to no success. Reopened and still no. I waited for the timer to get to the last bar and clicked, and it seemed to work (or did it automacticly decide for me?). This was on a local game.

Also, I had more occurances of the wingman running out the timer. It didn't matter what aspect my leader and the enemy leader was in, wheather any damage had been done to either, nor what the last card played was. I can't find any sequence to reproduce the problem 'on-demand'.

I can't find any sequence to reproduce the problem 'on-demand'. [/QB]
I can back this up. PLaying a local game yesterday and the card panel blanked out and there was nothing that could be done but wait for the timer to run down.

Skeksis