Hat's off to StalinsO and the dreaded Dropped Connection

Ludomeister

Played my first couple of online dogfights last night with StalinsOrgan after having had the game installed for, oh, maybe 3 days. My opponent was the very model of gratiousness and created some rank beginner pilots, as I had just created 4 new elements with absolutely no experience.

The first game my guys were toast as I forgot to start out at Very High, but I got back in the next match downing one of his pilots. Or, actually, his pseudo pilot. I say pseudo because StalinO's connection got dropped upon startup and I ended up playing the A/I instead of StalinO!

I mention this because our first match never even got off the ground due to a Dropped Connection, and I had the previous day been playing a Local version of the campaign game when I too had a Dropped Connection. Is this normal operating procedure?!?

I really like this game (as I explained to the guys on the board last night, I have all of the boxed card games that Dan Verssen put out through GMT dating back to Rise of the Luftwaffe in the early 1990's), and will pick up Battlefront's computerized version if, and this is a B-I-G if, the connectivity problem is solved. Otherwise why bother? I've got PC games from the mid-1990s (like Talonsoft's Battleground series of ACW games) that had rock-solid connectivity, not a dropped connection in sight after years of play. So it can be done. I sincerely hope that Battlefront can get this solved, as I do want the full game!

Ludo

Originally posted by Airborne:

Well, I really want to get this one, but I won't either because of the "dropped connection" nuisance. I d/l the Gold demo hoping it would fix this, but I got dropped after around 2 minutes. I give up.

I've had about 15 dogfights online and was dropped once....that drop was on my end though so it doesn't count. My DSL line dropped and I couldn't get anywhere. So some of us are not having this issue at all.