Small possible enhancement of the chat window

kuroi neko

Wile I am at it, would it be possible to have a "highlight" system, like on most IRC clients?

The idea is to have a list of keywords that would be displayed in a distinctive color (red or something) and trigger a (configurable) sound notification each time they appear in the chat (in the messages, not the player's names).

Usually the main keyword will be the player's name, but it can be anything really. This would allow people to notice others requesting their attention.

There are probably a lot of things we could do to make the chat features more useful to players. Rather than adding one feature here and there, it might be better to collect input from you guys on what you would like to see, and then we'll put together a list and figure out what is feasible to do.

So, I guess the "highlight" system would be the first one on the list.

Also maybe the text could actually scroll down automatically. I hate hitting the down arrow to see msgs when I come back from a game. Thank You.

Oh and maybe a command to tell a person that you are in a game when the private message you. Or an option to block them totally.

And maybe even a friends list where you can just message everyone on your list. Warcraft 3 has one where you hit /f m and the message. Just a thought.

-Ray "Sixxkiller" Ardry

Originally posted by MantaRay:

Well great now the game is gonna have to be reburned. Thx Pawlock, now its 4-6 months for the game to ship!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hehe j/k. Good feature

I would have prefered a patch if it delays the release....so when is the gold demo going to be made available? Before the release ships?

Does it differ much from the beta demo? (which was pretty good I have to admit).

Any estimate on that ship date also?

There was no delay associated with the new feature. We put that in several weeks ago based on feedback from you guys on the beta demo.

I expect you guys will be hearing something very soon regarding the gold release. Last I heard, almost everything was in place, so hopefully there will be an announcement today or tomorrow.

Originally posted by bartbert:

There was no delay associated with the new feature. We put that in several weeks ago based on feedback from you guys on the beta demo.

I expect you guys will be hearing something very soon regarding the gold release. Last I heard, almost everything was in place, so hopefully there will be an announcement today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the update!

Along the same lines as the original suggestion (not that I want to put this thread back on topic, or anything :D ), it would be nice if there was some way to check the status of people in games. Right now, if you log on, there is no way to tell if the people currently playing have just started -- and thus won't be availible for a while -- or are almost done. Makes it difficult to decide whether to wait around, or play a campaign or something.

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to hover over or right click the "in game" icon and get a report on who is in the game and what turn it is. At a minimum, maybe we could see if it is a 1v1 or 2v2, with the local time the game started. That way, we can determine if it is worth waiting until the game wraps up to try to get in, or to move on.