Minor problems with the "away" switch

kuroi neko

I spend rather a lot of time (far too much, to say the truth smile.gif ) connected to the lobby and got to know a few individuals. Therefore I especially try to let them know if I'm actually available or not, although it's already basic good manners even to unknown players. This is how I noticed the "away" function was a bit awkward to use.

It appears the "away" menu toggle does not follow the actual "away" state in several occasions:

1) when reconnecting to the lobby after a provider disconnect, the displayed status is "present" regardless of the menu settings. If you were away before disconnection, you will have to toggle the status twice to return to a proper away state.

2) if you play a game, the away status is switched off but here again the menu option is still set. Beside the minor inconvenience of having to switch it back on, I wonder why playing a game for instance against bots or someone you happened to chat with by other means should lift the global "away" status.

This is of course a minor glitch, but I don't like to be rude to other players by appearing active in the lobby while actually AFK. For now it's really easy to forget about the away status and leave for hours while still connected and displayed as active, thus bothering other players by seemingly ignoring their greetings or questions.