Regaining Escape Death?

Kiith

Thanks for that answer Moon. I actually had it happen to one of my guys last night so my main pilot my just have been unlucky to have flown 5-6 missions and not regained it.

Just a question on what constitutes a successful mission is a victory or merely one where you don't get shot down?

Originally posted by Kiith:

Just a question on what constitutes a successful mission is a victory or merely one where you don't get shot down?

Can someone shed some light on what constitutes, "successful mission" because I have some pilots doing in excess of 10 missions without regaining it, which seems a bit steep and makes you wonder if thier dead men flying from the get go.

There are two ways that the Escape Death can be awarded. First, if you shot down at least one enemy aircraft during the mission, you have a 33% chance of getting an Escape Death.

Second, if you didn't shoot down any enemy aircraft, but made it through the mission undamaged, then you have a 20% chance of getting an Escape Death.

Originally posted by bartbert:

There are two ways that the Escape Death can be awarded. First, if you shot down at least one enemy aircraft during the mission, you have a 33% chance of getting an Escape Death.

Second, if you didn't shoot down any enemy aircraft, but made it through the mission undamaged, then you have a 20% chance of getting an Escape Death.

Thanks, that clears that up for me and just surviving a mission is not enough.