Campaign?

Ron

How to play it? I set it up vs the AI, log on etc yet when I go to play Campaign mission nothing comes up for me to select. I can play online missions vs the AI or other players though.

Also how do your Pilots lose fatigue? I created 2 sets of leaders and alternated fights between them yet the fatigue remains. I have them from the US and Britain - do they have to be from the same nation in order for the fatigue to go down?

Ron

Ron, you can only play the Dunkirk campaign in the demo. The website will let you setup other campaigns, but you won't be able to actually play them.

You need pilots from the same nation to gain benefits from resting. In fact, you should do as the readme/help file suggest and create 3 or 4 pilots from the same nation.

Martin

Found this to explain the why question:

"Campaigns were a relatively late addition to the game, and we wanted to find a way of including them without introducing a lot risk and instability into the game program. Having the web as the place to setup and manage the campaign, while playing out the missions in the game allowed us to add a very nice feature at relatively low risk. Essentially, the web becomes a "mission generator" for the game.

As you have pointed out, the down-side to this decision is that the mechanics of going back and forth between the web and the game are a bit clunky. We knew this would be a problem for users, but we felt that it was just too cool of a feature to leave out, or to delay things for a more elegant solution.

However, one very nice positive of the current web system is that we have a lot of freedom to create new campaigns, and add new features to campaigns that would difficult to do if the system were more tightly integrated. We can add new target types, maps, pilots, aircraft, etc., without you having to download a new version of the game.

--------------------

Brian"