Questions regarding full release

Pawlock

You've already committed to saying those registered with the Demo Beta, upon full release would be able to carry over pilots from the Demo to the full version.

I would be interested to know how this would work in regards to a few things.

1. Pilots in the Demo have been Xp capped at 100, but thier xp for leaderboard standings ect has not been. Would that xp be obtained above 100 be given to the pilots to spend?

2. This can be good and bad, mainly bad I think, because then you have instant "Uber pilots".

3. Again slightly related, would they keep thier original planes? because the planes in the demo are not the basic starter planes, but ones that cost nice xp to upgrade too.

Just interested to know how its all gonna be implemented.

Basically, no stats will change simply because you start using the full version. You will have the same Cumulative XP, and the same Available XP as you did when using the demo game. The only difference will be that you can start gaining additional Cumulative and Available XP by flying missions.

As far as aircraft, your pilots will have whatever aircraft are available to them based on their Cumulative XP. In the full version, new aircraft become available when your leader reaches the minimum XP required for that particular aircraft.

For example, the British progression is as follows:

Gladiator II (0 XP)

Hurricane I (36 XP)

Spitfire I (74 XP)

Spitfire V (143 XP)

If your demo pilot had reached the limit of 100 XP, then he will be able to fly the Gladiator II, Hurricane I, or Spitfire I in the full version. And once he reaches 143 XP, he can also fly the Spitfire V.

In the full game, the planes you can fly is based on your leader's XP. As he gains XP, more powerful planes unlock.

One of the main reasons we wanted pilots to carry over was a way of saying 'thank you' to the players who have participated in the beta testing. The beta testing has gone far smoother than any of us could have hoped for and we really appreciate your help.

[ September 03, 2005, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Dan Verssen ]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for being a bit dense, but when you say "same" cumulative and available XP, will that be subject to the 100 points limit, or the "true" total (like 1 or 2 K points for instance)?

Along with a few players in the lobby, we were wondering if the appearance of "über" pilots after beta phase would not create some huge gap for the new players, who would not even be allowed to fly against the "aces", be restricted to puny planes while old brass would access the whole arsenal immediately, etc.

I was thinking retaining experience, kills and skills up to the 100 points limit would be already not bad, and less intimidating for newcomers. Add maybe a free "escape death" for old pilots if you feel really generous and I'll be more than happy with that smile.gif .

If your demo pilot currently has 100 Cumulative XP and 0 Available XP, then that is what he will have when the full release becomes available. So, there will be no uber-pilots immediately. Although, the way some of you guys play, I don't think it will take long before true uber-pilots are terrorizing the skies.

I think there was also some discussion of awarding all the demo pilots a special medal to signify their participation in the beta-demo. But I'd have to check on that to be sure.