Dead Pilots

Kiith

My best pilot got killed a couple of days ago on the first turn when he had the horrible luck of drawing only one reaction card and 6 damage cards agains a half loop, IMS D and ace pilot combo.

Anyways that sucked but not as much as having the wingman (+1att, +1 def) take over as leader and not being able to retrain his skills or am i missing something?

What should happen when a leader gets killed is that the wingman gets promoted to leader, and any skills that he had should get traded back in for equivalent XP value. Then you can purchase leader skills with that XP. If that didn't happen, you can send an e-mail to difadmin@battlefront.com including the player name and pilot name, and we'll take a look at it.

Please clarify.

1. Assuming that the wingman is promoted during the battle with turns left. He assumes the leader position, but does not bring over any purchased abilities during the current combat?

2. After battle, during Manage Pilots, would he retain abilities inherent to both (such as Natural Pilot), or does he have to start from scratch and purchase everything?

3. Which brings up another question ;) In the full version, is there a way to add a Wingman to any single Leader? (Exception being a Campagin, or not?)

... I've ordered the game, so I'll get to see how the manual answers some of my questions. From some of the posts, I can already see there are distinct differences in playing the full version.