Problem with Campaign Game

Northstar

I downloaded the demo last week, and have been messing around with local games without any difficulties (except for a little sluggishness on startup).

Yesterday, I tried to play a campaign, but when I went to start a campaign game, I got a "Directplay error". The game seemed to start and the background came up, but no plane graphics appeared, and it just sat there.

I have a Windows 2000 system with DirectX 9.0c installed, and as I said, local games run with no problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

:confused:

It sounds like something is blocking or interrupting the connection to the game server. I suspect that it is not just campaign games, and probably any online game would have the same problem.

The fact that you can log into the lobby would indicate that DirectX is working and that you are able to establish at least one connection. Perhaps there is something that is preventing a second connection from taking place, although I don't know what that might be.

Anyone else run across this problem?

Strangely enough, it seems to have correct itself.

Tonight, I was able to play two campaign missions, and two online battles. Only one time did I get the directplay error, and I just exited the game, and restarted!

Man, I love computers sometimes!

I get this message whenever I try to play a campaign game not local games. I did get to play one turn but at the end of the turn, the directplay error message appeared and now it keeps appearing even after reboot. I get to the blue screen before the planes appear then the message. Any ideas to get this to work?

I'm using Windows 98 but have directx 9c.

I don't get the directplay error, but when I first tried to create a campaign, I received some type of window with a lot of 'code' in it, in my IE web browser window. Could IE be the problem? Deal is, I use Firefox. I can get to the lobby just fine with Firefox. I tried using IE to get to the lobby and then creating a campaign game and this worked. But when I try to play the game, I just get the blue background without any graphics or text. Just before the blank screen, I receive an info box containing only my user name and no other info under the headings in the 'box'...

Oh yeah...WinXP with SP2 and current updates applied. DirectX 9c.