Game Balance ?

Skolman

Actually this is another good hit on a suggestion I made to the devs. Since there's no way to restrict the level of pilots that join your game, naturally a host will want to kick those would-be new killers before the game starts. We need a kick button! smile.gif

--Ed

The answer to your first question depends somewhat on who created the game, and who is joining the game.

If a super-pilots creates the game, then when you go to join the game with your lowly noob pilot, you should look carefully at point value of the game before you join it. If it's a 20-point game, you're just asking for trouble if you join it with a 5-point pilot. We will probably be adding an additional restriction that a pilot must have at least 75% of the game's value to join it.

If the lowly noob pilot creates the game, then we prevent someone from joining that game with a pilot that is more than a couple of points higher than the game value. So if you're pilot is worth 8 points, then you shouldn't be going up against anyone worth more than 9 or 10 points.

But the way 2v2 teams are put together is a bit daft.

Two Spit Pilots of 10 and 11 points respectively against a 109 and P40 team of 12. That's not making much sense really. Admittedly had Moon not pulled a rabbit out of his hat in the very last turn the Spits would've won but that does not invalidated the point that in 2v2 match ups it should try to balance the points somewhat. Sure, despite a tie result we dominate in the points awarded but that's because we were lucky. Odds were that we would've had our butts handed to us and our pilots possibly killed. Getting a few extra XP points awarded won't help against that!

And the game didn't throw the Spits together because they were both Spits, I have experienced Spits on opposite sides too and that was an unbalanced game too IIRC. There should be a serious look at how the game assigns teams.

Does it matter what level your pilot is? I thought all that mattered was how many "available" experience you have to spend, not how many "Cumulative" experience points you have. For instance, I have a pilot that has 97

"Cumulative" experience points that has half as many "available" experience points as my pilot with 77 "cumulative" experience points. The lower experience level pilot has *many* more options than the higher level pilot. So why is it good to have a pilot who's experience points have reached the cap? Can somebody explain this to me?

Thanks

Gunhawk

The experience point level of the pilot is what determines the value of the kill if you shoot him down. Doesn't matter if those points have been spent to buy anything yet or not.

Because of the 100 exp point cap on the demo, You should use your available experience point options to buy talents which are "permanent" as opposed to just a single card which you will probably use in the next mission and lose right away. Look through all of them and you'll see what I mean.

Peterk said:

"You should use your available experience point options to buy talents which are "permanent" as opposed to just a single card which you will probably use in the next mission and lose right away. Look through all of them and you'll see what I mean."

OK. I can assume that any *card* that I take will be lost after I use it, but I'm not sure which of the other "talents" are permanent. "Redraw" for instance disappears after you use it. Is there some easy way to tell?

Thanks

Gunhawk

They tend to be the more expensive ones. There's one that adds one damage point to your plane. There's another that gives you an extra card at start. There's a couple good ones for the wingmen like Check My 6 or Take The Lead.

But Take the Lead is one-time use and should be (despite its excellent option) be avioded. The one-time skills should have in the description a sentence like "disapperars after using". And a suggestion for the developers: In the description of the "Teamwork"-skill should be a mention that the wingman draws the card, because many thought that the leader draws the card.

>Click on the card title in the 'purchase skills' >window and read the text at the bottom. This >will tell you whether the card is lost after >being used or discarded. If it doesn't say this >then it is permanent.

Sonofagun! Yep it does!

Thanks

Gunhawk