Roll Call!

Moon

Gentlemen, the beta demo is close... very close.

As a first step, we're revealing today what will turn into the major hub for the game:

www.downinflamesonline.com

From here, players will be able to learn about special events, tournaments and updates, check their leaderboard standings, as well as manage their campaigns.

Feel free to register already today and explore the contents. Of course until the beta demo is available for download, what you can do here is obviously very limited.

For the moment, you will be able to see the leaderboard update as our current team of beta testers plays games, but won't be able to play yourself or create pilots until you download and install the beta demo.

You will be able to setup campaigns already now, but obviously won't be able to play them until the beta demo has been released (in fact, only the Dunkirk campaign will be playable in the beta demo).

After the beta demo is out, you will HAVE to register on this website in order to play online games as well as campaigns. You will NOT have to register if you only want to play local (offline) games against the AI. More about this later.

Please keep in mind that we're still in BETA. What you see (and what you will see with the beta demo) is very much work in progress. "Down in Flames" is a highly unique and fascinating game system, and it lives from player interaction. So we encourage you to use the feedback form as well as this forum here to let us know what you like, don't like, and would like to see.

With this, the countdown to the beta demo begins. Check back in a few days...

Martin

Mwahaha!!! Looking forward to this.

Someone's name is appearing way too often on that leader board. smile.gif

Seriously, in spite of the quiet in here, I have a feeling a lot of people are anxiously awaiting this.

When should I get my refresh monkey ready for action?

The website looks good, looking forward to giving the beta demo a go. Since this game is more web-based focussed than other battlefront products, will the full game be available for download? It seems like this game would be ideal for that since I doubt it requires a really large manual to master the game.

Frenchy, you should have received the registration code automatically via email after you registered. Check your spam filters (if you can). If you cannot, post here and we'll figure out something.

Martin

PS. My top ace HARA was just killed, giving Tomb the undisputed top rank this month... bawahaaaaa... :mad: .... ahem... ok, nevermind...

sorry for your loss thier moon, but i think im right in saying my second top ace "Sailor Malan" showed Hara the way of the parachute.. In fact did not pilot Hara say he was washing his hair instead of flying when pilot Duke was free ;)

however be warned you budding aces out thier pilot Duke and his wingie Cain are scary to meet, dont forget..count to three...pull D-ring..look up and check chute... Pilot Duke might even give you a friendly wave as you float down

however some of AI pilots have shown the ace of aces "Duke" the way of the parachute in a few of his recent missions.

As you guys will find out its very nerve racking flying one of your faverite pilots after he has used his escape death card..you can get it back...but only by flying combat

unlike other online combat games where you can be shot down a million times with no ill effect's

In the world of Down in Flames you can lose it all... K/D ratio is irrelavent here since you only get one death ;)

in many ways Down in Flames will reach those places many other more conventional flight sims wont..

getting hot and sweaty because you can lose your virtual pilots life is one of them

enjoy the game folks

Flt Lt Duke VC DFC and bar RAF 37 kills

Originally posted by Tomb:

sorry for your loss thier moon, but i think im right in saying my second top ace "Sailor Malan" showed Hara the way of the parachute.. In fact did not pilot Hara say he was washing his hair instead of flying when pilot Duke was free ;)

however be warned you budding...[sNIPPED FOR EXCESSIVE TITILLATION]

Ok, enough already. Where's that demoooooooo?! :mad: :eek: ;)

I'm still waiting. Is that human days or some other calendar I'm not awhere of?? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas and it never comes!! I'm like the kid in the back seat saying " ARE WE THERE YET! etc... HELP ME MOOOONN.....