Campaign Overview section and new Solomon Islands After Action Report added!!!

Madmatt

The campaign mode sounds really good. Just one question about this though, can you create your own pilot to participate in these campaigns, or do you just use the ones that are assigned to you? It would be great if you can have at least one avatar, perhaps more powerful than the other pilots and you can rely on to put up a good fight.

So, when's the demo coming out???

haohmaru,

For the first release you will not be able to use your own pilots in the campaigns.

However, one great aspect of the DIF computer game is the expandability built-in to the basic structure. In the future, we plan on expanding the game in all directions. But, at present, our goal is to concentrate on getting the first game wrapped-up.

For the campaigns, I think it would be fun to be able to select your pilots based on a point system. That way you could bring in your own guys, and mix them with the historical pilots.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I was just looking at the Battle of Britain Campaign - wouldn't it be more historically accurate to have more elements of Hurricanes than Spitfires?

There were far more Hurricanes engaged in the battle than Spitfires... 32 squadrons of Hurricanes vs. 19 squadrons of Spitfires. This was paralleled in the roughly 3 to 2 proportion of Hurricane kills vs. Spitfire kills.

If it's a game balance issue, I understand, but I thought the idea was to reflect historical factors where possible.

Yeah I've got to agree my first reaction was that they must have made a mistake and the real number of spits should be 2 or 3. It looks a bit weird with the RAF outnumbering the Luft's fighters.

And while we're at it an chance of a web update, AAR or something while we wait for the release?

Thanks

[ March 03, 2005, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Kiith ]