New After Action Report posted at Wargamer.com

Madmatt

Wow, excellent AAR! I found myself cheering on Harv lol tongue.gif Really looking forward to the next installment. I never really paid much attention to this title, but have to admit now it has whet my appetite for more.

One quick question though, how come the the pictures of the pilots are the same for both the Leader and Wingman?

Ron

One quick question though, how come the the pictures of the pilots are the same for both the Leader and Wingman?
They probably weren't the same, but I can see how it might appear that was the case. When you create your pilots, you get to pick the pictures that go with the leader and wingman. You could choose the same picture for both of them if you want, but that's up to you.

During the game, you will always see the picture and stats of the active aircraft. If your opponent's leader is attacking your wingman, and you're waiting for him to play a card, then his leader is the "active" pilot and you will see his picture displayed. When he plays his card and it is your wingman's turn to respond, then you will see your wingman's picture displayed.

You can also click on any aircraft at any time to see that pilot's stats.

I would have to check, but it might also be because I chose the same picture for both my leader and wingman.

In testing, we go through a lot of pilots, so picking meaningful names and picking 'just the right picture' gets to be a low priority after the pilots have been deleted and reset for the 20th time!

I'm quite certain I had the same pic for both of my pilots, and I think Dan is also saying he was too lazy...err...too busy to pick a different pic.

I found myself cheering on Harv
WhooHoo! My first groupie! Be sure to stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of the battle between the Honorable and Righteous (yet slightly dense) Dert Farmer from Canaduh and the Horribly Eeeeevil and Nasty Game Designer.

Or something.

Harv

Ok thanks for the clarification re the pictures, would seem odd otherwise.

Yes Harv, my thoughts exactly! smile.gif

On another note, are the pilots you build up specific to a nation or are they interchangeable between nations? I am unfamiliar with the boardgame and it seemed unclear.

Ron

When you create a pilot, you choose a nationality and that determines what aircraft it can fly. So they are not interchangeable. You start out with no experience or skills, flying the lowliest aircraft, and work your way up to the legendary pilots that Dan and Harv sent into battle in the AAR.

• 3 weeks later...