Custom Wav files

I'll tack onto this thread with something of a related problem. How do you get it to play in the first place? I replaced 5010 and the movie plays along with the CD 5010. How do you get it to ignore the CD? I want to use Panzerlied, it is in 16bit signed, but when the game starts it just runs back to the CD, even if I remove 5010 altogether.

Someone also said once they get the sound to play while the game is running? Mine just stops after the movie?

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Success!

The wav file 00005010 is stereo, not mono! I used windows sound recorder to convert it, and now it works. Got rid of that annoying intro music. I will probabaly get tired of this one eventually too, but at least I know how to change it now.

Bruno, are you sure your properties of the new file match that of the file you are replacing, Khz, bit rate, file format, etc?

Yeah, exactly the same. But, that isn't the problem I don't believe. Even if I delete the 5010 file altogether and no replace it, the intro plays it off the CD. Matt and a bunch of others have said they do all this stuff with the files, but no one has told me how to. One guy even said he plays music while the battle is going on.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 02-02-2001).]

To play music while the battle is going on, I gues you could replace the ambient sounds(birds chirping, distant artillery) with a wav file of your choice. That is strange Bruno, if you delete the 000005010.wav file altogether, it still plays off the CD? I'll try it tonite at home. See if I get the same results.

Happy gaming