Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

USA IS ALLOWED TO BUY ONLY 4 ARMIES????

I hate to see all the anti US and anti Euro trash slung around, there really is no point to it. After all this is a game and what we all really want is a fun game.

IMO if we made this game historical from a resource point of view, both man power and industry then there would be NO need to even play it as the Germans had ZERO chance of winning a war against England, America and Russia. Heck I have my doubts that they could of beaten the Russian even had the English and Americans stayed out of the war.

So to make this game fun to play you HAVE to over do the Axis and down play the Allies, does this make the game designer anti American or pro Nazi? Hardly it just means he has developed a GAME where either side has a chance to win.

I am all for as much historical accuracy as the next guy, just look at some of my posts in the Sealion thread, but you HAVE to compromise on some things or you just won't have a game worth playing.

I am a proud American Vet and so much of this anti American flaming is depressing and inflaming. On the same hand all this America rules, we are Gods and never do anything wrong crap, sad and embarrassing. I think if someone is truly objective they will find the truth some where between those extremes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tip on hitting escape!

As to the main point of all this - I think the very fact that there's so much disagreement tends to prove that the game is more balanced than many say it is.

The historical side is entirely another question of course. I'd like to see a histoical game, but not completely so. I mean, if everyone is limited to only what they actually had in WW2 then you can't pursue alternate approaches to the war.

To allow us the freedom to "change history" means there has to be some things in the game that aren't correct from a historical perspective.

When add playbalance to that I think it tends to explain the decision made by the designer and testers.

Of course that doesn't mean we'll all AGREE with their decisions, but at least we can understand why they've done what they done.