Crach after installing patch CMBB_v1_01_Patch

HI

Installing CMBB on Win XP works fine i can start and play the game.

But when i installe the CMBB_v1_01_Patch it first show me the first "start picture" then it shows me a XP error and ask me if i want to send a error report to microsoft.

I have turned off Anti-Aliasing

i have uninstalled hotfix Q328310

but nothing is working.. anyone that can help me..?

/Tonny :confused:

PS. I dll the patch from www.cdv.de I got the game from a shop in danmark.

[ November 24, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Guru_BROz ]

How long ago did you purchase your CMBB copy ? Do you know what version was on your CD when when you purchased it (1.03 is the latest) ? If you patch with an earlier version (such as 1.01), it may not work since it won't recognize the CD correctly during the CD copy-protection check. This should usually result in a error dialog box asking for the CD to be inserted.

From what you've written I assume that your problem occurs during the install of the 1.01 patch and that crashes each time you attempt to install it - is that correct ? Or is your problem when you launch CM2 and it crashes ?

Anyway, the error you're getting could be due to several things. The main download appears to be hooked up to Gamesweb.com and they list the 1.01 patch at 68Mb (it's the largest of the patches). Is this how large your download was ? Do you have an antivirus program running in the background while attempting to install the patch ? You need to disable this temporarily to keep it from interfering. Also make sure any other program, including Instant Messaging clients, etc. are also closed down.

If none of this works for you, then you may need to re-download the patch again since it is possible that your download may be corrupt.

thanx Schullenhaft.

I have reinstalled CMBB again and when i start it, it tells me its v1.0

I can install 1.01 fine its first when i try to start the game after i have installed it it gives me the error.

All programs and firewall is turned off, even the one in XP.

yep it was the 68 mb patch i dll, but is there 2 diff 1.01 patch..? i think i read something about that.???

I got a old pc with a GF2 with XP and it works fine on that, but my new GF4 ti4200 cant run it. I just think its strange the problem first comes after installing the patch.

/Tonny :eek:

Can you give more specifics on the error that you get ? I assume that you're seeing the CDV splash screen and then you get an error (without seeing the 'main' screen of CM2) ?

Are you saying that an install on another machine with a GeForce2 and Windows XP and the same 1.01 patch works fine, but on the other machine with a GeForce 4 Ti4200 you get this particular problem ? Which video driver version do you have installed on each machine ? Do you have DirectX 9.0b installed or are there different versions of DirectX on these computers ?

I can't recall the details on the CDV patches. One was a 'multi-lingual' patch for most European customers and the other may have been a smaller, 'English-only' patch for CDV's UK (and North American ?) customers. The links from their website only seem to point to downloads for the multi-lingual patch however. Possibly searching the Tech Support forum for 'CDV patches' or 'CM2 patches', etc. (including some of the CMBB archives) may result in a download location for the smaller patch (if it's still out there).

Hi again

Nope I dont get to the CDV screen just before that it goes back to desktop and shows me the windows error saying it has found a error in Combatmission2.exe and it has to end the it. sorry bla. bla.

and then it asks if i want to send the error repport to Microsoft.

I got GF 4 ti4200 with driver 52.16 (DX 8 or 9)

no idear what driver the GF2 has but its old and DX 8

I tryed both patches it for sure is the one on 68 mb i have to use.. when I install it it tells me its installed ok.

/Tonny

What image is the 'start picture' then ? Can you launch CM while pressing the Shift key ? I'm not absolutely sure what this does on the CDV version, but on the BFC/Internet version it skips the intro graphic and music - dumping you to the start page with the buttons.

When you install 1.0 it runs fine on this computer, but only after installing the 1.01 patch you run into this problem ?

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

What image is the 'start picture' then ? Can you launch CM while pressing the Shift key ? I'm not absolutely sure what this does on the CDV version, but on the BFC/Internet version it skips the intro graphic and music - dumping you to the start page with the buttons.

When you install 1.0 it runs fine on this computer, but only after installing the 1.01 patch you run into this problem ?

Yep it runs fine with 1.0 on the GF4 pc aswell

The start pic i see is the one with the russian soliders looking out from a ruin at some german soldiers and a tank.

I tryed holding shift down no diff still makes the same error.

I have ordered the CMAK pack, is the CMBB version i get there v1.03 maby it will work when i install it directly as 1.03.

/Tonny

The image you describe is the 'main' screen in the BFC/Internet version of CMBB. I'm not sure what CDV's 'splash' screen is other than the CDV logo. The BFC version throws up their logo as seen at the top of the site (an M48 or M42 with an explosion or gun blast in front of it) - this then proceeds to the 'main' screen with the four buttons on it.

So you're saying that you see only one image - the hiding Soviets in a farmhouse - and it flashes on the screen momentarily and then you're back to the desktop.

Have you attempted to download and install the other two patches (1.02 and 1.03 you'll need to install both) and see if they have any effect on this problem ? I'm not aware of any patches that fix problems like this, but it is worth a try.

What language are you using in CMBB, English ?

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

The image you describe is the 'main' screen in the BFC/Internet version of CMBB. I'm not sure what CDV's 'splash' screen is other than the CDV logo. The BFC version throws up their logo as seen at the top of the site (an M48 or M42 with an explosion or gun blast in front of it) - this then proceeds to the 'main' screen with the four buttons on it.

So you're saying that you see only one image - the hiding Soviets in a farmhouse - and it flashes on the screen momentarily and then you're back to the desktop.

Have you attempted to download and install the other two patches (1.02 and 1.03 you'll need to install both) and see if they have any effect on this problem ? I'm not aware of any patches that fix problems like this, but it is worth a try.

What language are you using in CMBB, English ?

yes on the start up thing :(

I have tryed to install 1.02 and 1.03 still the same thing, now i have dll driver 30.87 reinstalled the game it starts fine with no patch but same error with 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03.

btw CMAK demo works fine aswell, darn i think its strange... yes it is english CMBB.

maby its more easy to wait until i get the US version and c if that is better...

/Tonny

• 2 weeks later...