Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Snowy intercept range

Reading the manual, it says strike range and spotting of AFs and Bombers(air units) are halved in snowy areas.

Shouldn't that also apply to enemy intercepts, intercept range should be halved if in snowy areas?

Well my UK HBs just got intercepted by a German AF four tiles away in all snowy tiles. Now there was no damage, mind you, but it seems this is a little inconsistent. Anyone else notice this?

A feature or a bug? Move if appropriate, my opponent has the save. Agmemnon, did you notice this on your replay?

SeaMonkey I noticed this in a game I played last night but I wasn't sure I was just not imagining it, but it sure seemed like I was interecepted from a long way away. I will have to keep an eye on it and if I run across it I will post a saved game.

Thanks Rolend, I wasn't sure, but I replayed it again, sure enough, and there is no LR level 2 for his AF.

Now I did notice something else, I have a sub(I'm Axis) caught out in the Kattegat side of Denmark unable to return to the Baltic.

Denmark is still neutral. Shouldn't I be able to traverse the Belts with a sub and return to Kiel and the Baltic?

Anyone???

I noticed it. I could, and did attack the UK BB that was 4 tiles away. But I couldn't attack Paris which is also 4 tiles away. It doesn't seem right, unless their is some rule about attacking over sea tiles. Though I don't see why that should make a difference. BTW their are no LR upgrades.

Actually, the idea of half-range in inclement weather strikes me as a bit odd. Half-strength makes more sense imo. After all, clouds would affect the number of sorties and the ability to see/hit the target, but it shouldn't affect range once airborne.

Maybe its a matter of just trying to find a target. Constant maneuvering above and below the "soup", ground units better camo.

Air is thicker when its cold, more friction, not to mention ice build up on aircraft making them heavier.

Course you could argue that cold air has a higher oxygen content, so engines run more efficiently.

Go figure, it just seems a bit inconsistent that my Allied aircraft(carriers also) only have half range on attack, but German AFs have 4 tile range, attack out to sea, or intercept on land during snow turns.

Water and Land can have an effect.

Ex:

From UK to the big Norway/Sweden convoy port in Germany.

You might have clear weather in UK and at Sea but if the port area has mud you will not be able to reach it with a bomber, even if you are within range.

So similar situations can occur with carriers. It all depends on if you are crossing different weather tiles.