Rambo's Gestalt isn't enough for 20+ hour games

Yodl high in Zeitgeist zone, I need to capture some Bunta Gestalt

Folks, my Camp has been investigating the rumor that Terif (a.k.a. Yodl) has been dodging me because of my new unstoppable strategy. My Little Green Friend (LGF) knows the time for justice & the removal of the grandmaster trophy from Germany is now. I intend to have the Title Belt shipping to me very soon...if & only if my LGF will stick his head of out of the Swamp.

Yodl, quit testing WaW! Turn on your ICQ! Quit hiding! Quit shuddering in fear!

I am Legend

I am Icon

I am Best

I am SC2

Call me! You can call me collect! If you can't spreaken zee English, I'll pay for a translator!

And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. And went after the man of God, and found him sitting under an oak: and he said unto him, Art thou the man of God that camest from Judah? And he said, I am.

I am that man. I am the man of God sent to defeat the forces of darkness. The Light in me shall strengthen me, the light of the writtne word will break mine enemeis before I even encounter them. Holy Spirit, take the front, I will put my trust in the Lord. Bring forth my enemies, whether they be the Phillistines of the past, or the gaming devils of SC2.

Anybody else out there want some? I'm back, back from prayer, have fasted for my return.

Who wants to play the Legend? Yodl? Liam? Hellraiser?

I say,"Whosoever, whosoever come to the Legend. Face my wrath, my anguish shall be upon you. The Lord is strength, in Him will I trust. Guiding me in both temporal & spiritual warfare"!.

I AM LEGEND

I will begin my "5 Year Reunion Tour", NOW! Where is DragonSlow? Zapp? IronRanger? Liam? SomeBunta?

Calling out fresh blood too, for my new Tour! Let it be written, let it be done. Let it begin.

Total War,

-Rambo

[ October 14, 2007, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

I KNEW IT!!!!!!! Minutes after my post, Yoda has appeared on ICQ!!!!!! I could sense it like a poker player!!!!!

Here's a copy for all you sport's fans:

Rambo (01:31 PM) :

ah, u appear

nice time right after my post

timing

Terif (01:31 PM) :

smile.gif )

Terif (01:31 PM) :

Ready for battle - or do you have to work ?

i'm at work right now

when can you play?

Rambo (01:32 PM) :

I will start my 5-Year Reunion Tour

Terif (01:32 PM) :

either tomorrow (public holiday here) or on the weekend

I could start tonight, late?

or later today that is

Terif (01:33 PM) :

yep - how about 11 pm your time (= 8 am my time) ?

I think I have come to the conclusion after losing about 100ish games, no one can beat the Master Jedi not even the Emperor himself!!! Avatar used some really aggressive French Strategy that was a flook in SC1...Flook means not a constant, a 1 or 2 time strategy not really utilizing much thought just a wham bam, hard to react to type strategy... Much like Rambo Sub Strategy! tongue.gif

Now, DragonHeart who I've played and I believe it was Pfiefer, a player who I nearly took a draw with, played excellently but not aggressively enough to outwit the Master!

I think I may have had chances to beat Terif if AT THE TIME, I knew what I knew now. Thing is Terif is learning exponentially while we're learning little bit by little bit. Rambo You cannot take retirement and expect to smash his strategies, he's evolving, beyond Yodl, he's Yodl on Crank!!! Last time I tried to Trump his Queen, he Trumped my King for trying, just to prove a POINT! smile.gif

I think if anyone has even given him a game lately, I'm one of the few... Proud the Marines!

Lets face it Americans just aren't good enough to beat Germans! :D

The only way we can win is if bring the Full USA into the game... and force Terif to play Axis! Thsi game is dwarfing our Production Capability

Good Luck Partner, that peeshooter you've got better have a Scope to find a hole in Yodl's Armor Platted WeakSpot

I think if Jollyguy comes back and commits hard the way he had, he could possibly beat Terif.

I actually think he could be equal. If he commit the way he had for a while. In just a couple of months he went from a player Terif would just play for kicks to a player Terif had his biggest matches and Jollyguy seriously had him on the ropes in one game.

Even Terif has attested to Jollyguy's skills.

Blashy, thing is that Terif hasn't taken a vacation, he's a focused Player. Like Federer is for Men's Tennis! Disciplined!

The rest of us lack the same determination, will, and are not quite "thorough enough", we will have all to all hope for a time when Terif is off his game and luck really shines through with a perfectly played match... As I read JG's AAR, he didn't come close to winning. Noone has so far...

So far I haven't met a SCer whose as versatile and has as many tricks up his sleeve as Terif. A Magician, until then, he's reigning champ... Noone on this boards has beat me in an a League of any kind match in a year but him smile.gif So I know!

P.S. Flashy stuff will not be Terif. You have to beat him with solid Strategy, solid Tactics, and you have perfect what he's already done 1st. then you might give him 'game' I'm trying, 50 more

If I had the time to play I would beat Terif for sure.

But I never committed much time to sc1 and never played a mp 1939 game in sc2.

But from experience, all strategy games Ive devoted time to like yahoo chess, yahoo chinese checkers, axis and allies and others I always reach number 1.

It's all about devotion, sure I have a lot of IQ(130+) but it's all about training hard. For me at least.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

If I had the time to play I would beat Terif for sure.

But I never committed much time to sc1 and never played a mp 1939 game in sc2.

But from experience, all strategy games Ive devoted time to like yahoo chess, yahoo chinese checkers, axis and allies and others I always reach number 1.

It's all about devotion, sure I have a lot of IQ(130+) but it's all about training hard. For me at least.

Kuni's so great! Kuni's so great!

pdCOFTR0004.jpg

And the first guy who says anything about my cute little tutu gets it.

Allies feel quite comfortable in Alexandria and Africa - which belongs to them from Cassablanca till Tehran :D

Conquering England is not the problem for Axis, but coping with the effects - Russia and USA are now extremely strong and even UK has 200mpps/turn income smile.gif .

At the moment there are 2 german HQs, 2 tanks, paratroopers, 3 armies and several corps busy to conquer the rest of the island...Edinburgh still holding now in April 1941 - will probably fall next turn but binding all those troops there was worth it. In Norway we have the first airbattles, same around Sicily where another german HQ with airsupport just appeared.