Mac Titanium G4 PowerBook

Well I've been a good boy and my present PowerBook is getting on so I'm going to get one of these brilliant new G4's.

Only one question though, will it run CM???

It comes with 8Mb of Video SDRAM and a ATI RAGE mobility 128 card (which I think also comes on the "current" Prismo's).

To all you Prismo owners out there how well does CM run on your box and what resolution do you get? My old WallStreet only runs CM in 640 x 480 and I'm hoping for something better.

Please don't let jealous stop you from replying.

------------------

Regards,

Mark:-{)

Getting in line for a Mercury

I don't know your particular notebook, but I posted a similar question a week or so back. I'm thinking of getting the newes toshiba notebook, which has a s3 128 chip with 8Mb of ram in it. Madmatt told me that I would only get limited performance and that the chip would definetely be slowing things down. I was also told that I could forget about user mods and such. My problem however is that I havent found a single portable with a better graphics solution. They all seem to have 8Mb of video ram as max. I'm thinking maybe I should wait for the new Geforce2 Go from nVidia. Unfortunately, according to their faq the only company who's already signed up is Toshiba. They will start shipping sometime first half of 2001. These systems will most likely cost an arm and a leg as well!

Bernhard

elementalwarre,

Thanks for the reply. I know the Prismo is a G3 but I thought it had the same graphics card.

Anyway the main thing is that it runs and at a good resolution.

The real trick will be if we can trap CM movies in iMovie somehow.

Thanks for making my day !!

------------------

Regards,

Mark:-{)

Getting in line for a Mercury

CM 1.1 should run very well on a titanium G4 powerbook as it runs well even on the original ibook, which has only 4mB VRAM.

The main advantage of the new G4 will be a much bigger screen and a much faster processor, along with the alleged minimum 8mB VRAM.

I suspect more VRAM would give you even more detailed graphics, but that this is definitely not essential as when you are playing gameplay becomes more important than graphics.