Matrox G400 AGP powerdesk v6.14.051

savatage

I bought a ASUS A7V with a AMD 800Mhz T-bird and I can play in 800x600 with my Matrox with no problems...Yes you heard me!!! NO PROBLEMS.... Anyone out there with a FIC SD-11 motherboard a word of advice... GET RID OF IT... I paid $344 for the combo with heavy duty fan and heatsink plus 2 day UPS shipping. Thanks for all your guys help... So now you can tell people that the SD-11 board does not support AGP card 32 megs or higher. The board does not supply enough voltage to the AGP slot. GAME ON!!!!

Savatage, I have the A7V, a Tbird 700, and the Matrox G400. I get lockups every time I play. Sometimes during setup, sometimes after 15 turns. I have yet to be able to play a scenario all the way through.

Can you give me some advice on curing my problem? I've fiddled with drivers for the SBlaster Live, the Matrox, and the mouse. I've reduced the AGP to 2X and disabled FastWrites. I completely uninstalled the sound card.

I haven't found a solution yet that works 100%. Any assistance is appreciated.

DjB

Check to see that your matrox card is not sharing a IRQ with another devicelike he SB live.. Keep the PCI slot next to your AGP slot open.. Did you install the new 4in1 VIA drivers and the AGP driver from AMD? If you can, send me your IRQ listing and I will compare it to mine to see if I can spot anything...

Only 2 PCI slots used: #3 for SBLive and #5 for Realtek NIC.

So far as I can see there's no IRQ conflicting. I sent you my IRQ listout. This weekend I am going to do a complete uninstall of the Matrox card and install an old Elsa 16MB TNT PCI card and see what happens. If that is stable I'll pick up a Creative Labs TNT2 PCI card from a local EBX that still has a few in stock.

DjB