Game Event Needed: Sea Lion

I think we should have an event to protect the English Isles a little better than they are. Germans attack across the Channel with 3 Fighters and kill the UK.. Fact is, without LR, the Germans historically did attack across the channel, but with Radar the RAF had as many fighter aircraft active as the Germans did in most cases! For they could refuel, rearm, and take off again fast fast fast.. plus the Brits bailed out over home territory more often than not and the Luftwaffe pilots were lost to prisoncamps and labor cleaning off RAF Airfields. Without LR researched I purpose that the Luftwaffe in 1940 is hampered from operations Event effect, reducing the effectiveness of the Luftwaffe attacking England. take away say 30% of their effectiveness and a boost to the English in their Morale, because it's unlikely she will get a natural one, though historically she was determined with Prime Minister Churchill and the imminent danger of Sea Lion to fight off the Attacker.. in other words I'm purposing a way to make a defense possible or at least costly to the Germans enough to think twice as it isn't now

Sort of like Winter Effect in USSR?

I am still not getting passed the terrible square grid to play the game regularly but when I read this, I think a naval mod like the one I did for the version 1 should solve the problem...

England had a very strong navy that would have been able to greatly delay and disrupt the Sealion... In SC2 like in SC1 the navies are underrepresented in numbers of ships...

Liam, were I kind of agree is reduce the effectivness for ALL airfleets with increased range from their homebase.

The effective combat time of an airplane fighting at its maximum range is limited (fuel etc.) Being able to refuel and rearm in short notice.

Example with range 6 an figter should be able to fight at its max range only with 50% efectivness. At rnage 3-4 with 100%. With increasing LR tech for example 4. The fighters than can fight at range 5-6 with 100% effectivness and and at range 10 with 50%.

Blashy;

I intend to try to your mod soon. Right now I'm playing the Invasion of Russia mod and having a blast. For some reason I didn't think I'd enjoy it, but gotta tell ya, they are fun, and a nice change of pace, too.

The Battle of Russia reminds me of the Panzerblitz games my brother and I would play all weekend. It's tactically oriented, no operating, and gobs and gobs of units. I'm looking forward to my next turn (I'm the Russians), and also enjoying not knowing what to do, not having a cookie cutter to fall back on.

Bob

Sombra brought up a good point, armies-tanks-corps that manuever lose combat effiency when they engage finally, from their origin? Why not Airfleets the further out they engage.. that is of course more math for HC but in fact realistic. His equation would really underpower them to zilch.. noone would buy many of them