Handy solution for those unexplained errors

This is just a note to potentially help alleviate any problems that you experience after your had already successfully loaded CM** on your computer.

The other day for whatever reason I experienced an error while trying to launch CMBB. I was getting the error that it could not find the "Openplay.dll" file and recommended that I reinstall the game again to fix the problem. I panic for a couple of minutes desperately trying to fix it without reinstalling the entire game and all the updates. I just played the game. What gives!?! I went to this forum trying to figure out what was going on and my eyes started to roll when it was recommended that I start searching the CD for the files . . . .

So, remembering that it worked last week Wednesday I used the function available on Microsoft Windows XP (I also have the Media Version) that allowed me to go back to a system configuration version from a couple of days ago. Using this function I simply went back to a version from a week ago (when I knew the game worked) and *Poof* the game worked!! Very cool function. Now I understand that this does not solve why the problem happened in the first place, but it now works! :D

This function is typically found under: Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

Hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

von Nev