Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Hi all,

i have some questions and i dont know if this was asked before, but maybe you can help me regardless of this ;)

first, i looked at the Feature list and the forum but i didnt found any informations or screenshots about artillery.

I i know that there are rockets but how about the "regular" artillerie ? Espacially for the russians it was very important, but every other country used them too in huge numbers...even more then tanks.

second...multiplayer...

i never played SC1 in multiplayer mode but how about SC2 ? I know that there is a multiplayer mode, but how can i find another player ?

Is there a IP list somewhere ?

Or can i multiplay it only with email ?

I hope, that i dont need gamespy...im not a friend of it...brrrr...

Any Infos about this already ?

Are there any infos already about how to purchase the game and the prize ?

Im from Germany, so it might be not as easy for me to purchase it as for the most other players here ;)

Oh, and another question because i readed the "production delay" thread....

How long will each round be ? One Day ? A week ? two weeks ? a month ? or can i adjust this for myself ingame ?

greetings from Bavaria ;)

Mick

[ September 07, 2004, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Mick782 ]

Oh, and another question because i readed the "production delay" thread....

How long will each round be ? One Day ? A week ? two weeks ? a month ? or can i adjust this for myself ingame ?

Wilkommen, Mick782. smile.gif

The game can be set so that you can play it in weekly increments. Ideal for SC2 will be monthly or bi-monthly turns. However, for those who enjoy making scenarios of varying scales, the option to do so is readily available.

As for artillery, there have been many discussions already... simply hit the "search" button and type in "artillery" and you will find a great deal of "pro and con" information. :cool:

Quite likely it will NOT be part of SC2, though I'd bet that someone will "mod it in" within weeks of release (... IE, modifying the "rockets" category to include the Arty as the first one or two levels of achievement, with appropriate icons, but of course!). ;)

Last quote on when it will be on sale, was like sort of winter 2004.

Don't hold me to that smile.gif it's a wargame remember hehe.

Price, your guess is as good as anyone else's smile.gif

Actually buying it, it will only be on sale directly from Battlefront (as is always the case) unless they suddenly reverse their way of doing things suddenly on us eh.

They always sell their games direct through online order till like they are good and ready to put it on a shelf if at all.

I have seen Strategic Command on a shelf a couple of times. That was not till 2 years after original release though.

No one will be buying this retail the first year if all I have learned is any indication.