Book recommendation again

Sorry if this isn't quite game related but a couple of months ago I posted about a book called "why the allies won"

Well I've found another even more fascinating one. It's by Liddell Hart and is called The History of the First world war and also known as the Real War.

Now before you say that's WW1 not the big Dubya Dubya 2.... hold on.

It was written in the 1920s and updated in the 1930s. It deals extensively with the strategic plans of boths sides and how tactics changed rapidly during WW1.There was alot more to it than just walking slowing towards Machineguns. And being written before WW2 it makes some eerily accurate predictions on what tactics might be effective in the future ie WW2.

I think it is out of print now but was republished in the 70s. The analysis of the strategy is incredible and frankly even offers some good advice for the SC2 player. With so many slow moving army units in the game, a lot of the Russian campaign or in areas such as Turkey and Italy can often resemble WW1 where tactics that evetually worked had to overcome the enemies ability to reinforce and operate troops in quickly.

Also the full author's name is Sir Basil Liddel Hart and it is written in a very enjoyable boy's own adventure old school way but is superb none the less.

sorry if this is off topic.