Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AI DoW on Northern Africa - Mixed Emotions

I played a few games vs. the AI in last days version 1.02. I played the Axis, and everytime the US invaded northern Africa via Algier. This invasion worked out pretty well everytime.. basically the scripting was good, coz they took the whole country in the first round of the invasion everytime. My whole italian army group (3 armies with IW3 and Mot2, a HQ and the AF) was busy elsewhere, so I was quite anxious what was going to happen. I was really engaged in Russia and I decided not to take troops away from there... so I thought "okay, I have to sacrifice vast parts of northern Africa" because I was´t able to occupy Tunesia.. I just directed the italian corps in Alexandria to Tobruk.

But in the longer run I noticed 2 problems:

(1)

The american troops plundered the McDonalds in Algier, but didn`t not move their fat asses for more than a year... they didn`t even occupy Tunesia.

(2)

As I conquered Algeria back later in the game I noticed they had like 3-4 Armies and 1-2 corps sitting in the McDonalds in Algeria... but no HQ, so I could easily whack them with my Italians.

Conclusion and suggestion:

Honestly I`m really happy to notice something like a learning curve when watching the AI... but this needs to be improved.

A script could be like:

- Bring a HQ with you to tell all the armies to stay away from McDonalds

- guard Algiers and Casablanca with corps

- DoW Tunesia, conquer and guard it

- Go for the Italian cities in Lybia..

I don`t know how difficult this is to implement... but as we say in Germany: a person is growing with the difficulty of the tasks it has to fulfill...

I am not sure what your thing is with Micky D's but yea, the first game I played after the patch I noticed the same thing. The US takes Algier and I think great that is a step in the right direction then they do nothing, no invasion of Itlay or possibly taking Vichy France. It was nice to see HC's response that he is not done tweaking the AI in that regard. Once again Thanks HC.