The Wermacht and General German Bashing

"Don't get all Wounded Knee" --- the con in the movie, ConAir.

@Rolend --- If you can't see the difference between "us" & "them", well, you're just not that bright. We shall see who's side the Lord of Hosts is on. I'll take the USA & Israel. My friend, I'M NOT PART OF ANY OF THAT BUNTA KILLING, DON'T EVEN TRY TO PUT ME THERE! My family fought for the Allies & the North in the U.S. Civil War. My family is full of preachers who preached to the Indians, NOT killed them. I would give you the message, but I'm not allowed to on Battlefront.

Originally posted by Rolend:

Or Rambo take a tour to Wounded Knee. Yea the scale is a lot differant but it amounts to the same thing. I think all he is trying to say is we are all human and the Germans who commited those crimes were after all part of us all. If you think that somehow Americans are special and we don't have to worry about that kind of thing happening here in the US then you are just inviting it. If you forget history you are doomed to repeat it.

Er, about Wounded Knee...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacre

Not a massacre, unless you believe a general who had a grudge against a subordinate.

Also, eyewitness accounts, written by the Sioux.

http://www.pbs.org/weta/thewest/resources/archives/eight/wklakota.htm

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/knee.htm

Who started firing first? We'll never know. But think it's pretty clear the Sioux were trying to hide weapons. And once the shooting starts...

Ok bad example sorry but you both avoided my main thought and Rambo it is NOT about taking sides. There is NO disagreement about how bad and evil the humans that took part in or even allowed it, who happened to be Germans, were. It is how you try and let the rest of the human race 'off the hook' because after all they were Germans and somehow us Americans are immune to such behavior. That way of thinking is not only wrong but dangerous.

I concur with Lars!.

Originally posted by Rolend:

I think all he is trying to say is we are all human and the Germans who commited those crimes were after all part of us all. If you think that somehow Americans are special and we don't have to worry about that kind of thing happening here in the US then you are just inviting it. If you forget history you are doomed to repeat it.

I Agree with Lars!...in essence, don't be so sure that it can't happen here!.

http://watch.pair.com/reich.html

Some excerpt's from this one website of many!.

"Bush - Nazi Link Confirmed" by John Buchanan

New Hampshire Gazette, Oct. 10, 2003

"WASHINGTON - After 60 years of inattention and even denial by the U.S. media, newly-uncovered government documents in The National Archives and Library of Congress reveal that Prescott Bush, the grandfather of President George W. Bush, served as a business partner of and U.S. banking operative for the financial architect of the Nazi war machine from 1926 until 1942, when Congress took aggressive action against Bush and his 'enemy national' partners.

"The documents also show that Bush and his colleagues, according to reports from the U.S. Department of the Treasury and FBI, tried to conceal their financial alliance with German industrialist Fritz Thyssen, a steel and coal baron who, beginning in the mid-1920s, personally funded Adolf Hitler's rise to power by the subversion of democratic principle and German law.

"Furthermore, the declassified records demonstrate that Bush and his associates, who included E. Roland Harriman, younger brother of American icon W. Averell Harriman, and George Herbert Walker, President Bush's maternal great-grandfather, continued their dealings with the German industrial baron for nearly eight months after the U.S. entered the war... "

President Bush's family had already played a central role in financing and arming Adolf Hitler for his takeover of Germany; in financing and managing the buildup of Nazi war industries for the conquest of Europe and war against the U.S.A.; and in the development of Nazi genocide theories and racial propaganda, with their well-known results.

The facts presented here must be known, and their implications reflected upon, for a proper understanding of President George Herbert Walker Bush and of the danger to mankind that he represents. The President's family fortune was largely a result of the Hitler project. The powerful Anglo-American family associations, which later boosted him into the Central Intelligence Agency and up to the White House, were his father's partners in the Hitler project.

If it wasn't for Halliburton, nobody would have infrasturcture!

Question: Do you guys work dumb? Do you guys work for free? Not only are you anti-American, you're Commies. There's nothing wrong with making a profit.

"Oh sluggard, do you not learn from the ant?"

Hummm and the icon of the modern Democratic party JFK, wasn't the family fortune come by rum running and strong ties to the mob???

I am out of this thread, when we start comparing Bush to Hitler it has reached the point of no return.

Some excerpt's from this one website of many!.

"Bush - Nazi Link Confirmed" by John Buchanan

New Hampshire Gazette, Oct. 10, 2003

"WASHINGTON - After 60 years of inattention and even denial by the U.S. media, newly-uncovered government documents in The National Archives and Library of Congress reveal that Prescott Bush, the grandfather of President George W. Bush, served as a business partner of and U.S. banking operative for the financial architect of the Nazi war machine from 1926 until 1942, when Congress took aggressive action against Bush and his 'enemy national' partners.

"The documents also show that Bush and his colleagues, according to reports from the U.S. Department of the Treasury and FBI, tried to conceal their financial alliance with German industrialist Fritz Thyssen, a steel and coal baron who, beginning in the mid-1920s, personally funded Adolf Hitler's rise to power by the subversion of democratic principle and German law.

"Furthermore, the declassified records demonstrate that Bush and his associates, who included E. Roland Harriman, younger brother of American icon W. Averell Harriman, and George Herbert Walker, President Bush's maternal great-grandfather, continued their dealings with the German industrial baron for nearly eight months after the U.S. entered the war... "

President Bush's family had already played a central role in financing and arming Adolf Hitler for his takeover of Germany; in financing and managing the buildup of Nazi war industries for the conquest of Europe and war against the U.S.A.; and in the development of Nazi genocide theories and racial propaganda, with their well-known results.

The facts presented here must be known, and their implications reflected upon, for a proper understanding of President George Herbert Walker Bush and of the danger to mankind that he represents. The President's family fortune was largely a result of the Hitler project. The powerful Anglo-American family associations, which later boosted him into the Central Intelligence Agency and up to the White House, were his father's partners in the Hitler project.

Much as I love bashing Bush, this BDS, not really news... Until about 37 or so, much of the US business community basically preferred Hitler to Stalin, probably for reasonably good reason. Moreover, the US had extensive business contacts with Germany throughout the interwar period. (Some of which would continue through the war -- I seem to recall that one of the improvements in the Sherman was that an American firm had managed to re-arrange for shipments of German optics).

In terms of the politics of the thing; once you begin talking about Harriman money, you're talking about some of the basic seed money for the Democratic party from the 50s perhaps through the 70s.