Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

this may have been asked in the past, and I apologize in advance if so...

Will Germany be able to declare war on Italy this time? I don'tknow why, but with SC1 I went through a phase where I was fascinated with attacking italy, but couldn't.

Of course, I was MORE fascinated with the thought of making Italy the primary Axis power and re-creating the Roman Empire....with limited success, as you can imagine.

J

Here's a related idea;

Allow Germany to select/influence which nation joins the Axis Alliance.

Example:

Standard Scenario: Italy joins Axis

Scenario 2: Spain joins Axis

Scenario 3: Turkey joins Axis

How could this be implemented:

1. Perhaps Germany selects his ally from Italy, Spain or Turkey.

2. Perhaps Germany attempts to influence another nation to join at the cost of delaying Italian entry if they are unsuccessful.

Example: Germany approaches Spain and if Spain accepts Italy becomes a neutral nation and its war readiness declines to zero. However, if Spain rejects the offer then Italian war readiness declines by 10%.

As originally posted by JonPatrick:

... this may have been asked in the past, and I apologize in advance if so...

It may have been asked, I can't remember,

But even so, no need to apologize!

Most every question has been asked

At least 19 times!

As is said... there is little new,

Asked, answered - late or soon done,

Under the dying sun. ;)

Will Germany be able to declare war on Italy this time?
Sure.

So long as they are "neutral" and not yet

Actively Axis.

Same would be true if, say, UK

Should go crazy, and decide to DoW Russia

Before they became active Allied.

Of course, I was MORE fascinated with the thought of making Italy the primary Axis power and re-creating the Roman Empire....with limited success, as you can imagine.

Well,

You CAN do that - by fiddling

(... while Rome burns to return

to an ancient old Glory!)

With that X-tremely amazing! Editor. :cool:

In default SC-2, Italy starts

With a little more armed forces

Than in SC-1,

(... though, their Industrial base

remains limited)

Which allows them to seriously threaten

An actual incursion into southern France.

Which will probably require that France

Maintain some decent deterrent there.

Spreads out their forces a bit more.

Unless... you'd want to

Just concede Marseilles? smile.gif

Rambo, have you forgot? This is exactly what we have all have been asking for.......yeh you too!

Remember all the requests we have posted over the past....what 3 years at least. Well no one, not even HC, the best strategic wargaming designer of all time could fulfill all the requests.....not even God himself could achieve such a monumental task. :D

So he(HC) did the next best thing....he created the all powerful editor.

Don't worry, you can submit all your scenario requests to me and I will create the ultimate JJR campaign....with Patton as the most supreme HQ, if that's what you want. smile.gif

So see, as God intended it, you are free to choose. But since it seems you are a little lacking in the design department......imagine that, our very own Rambo...Lacking...see miracles never cease to exist tongue.gif ; I will volunteer my designing skills to assist you. All in the name of Brotherly love. Now ask yourself....."do you feel better" :D Here's a happy face for you smile.gif Now go to your special place knowing that you are not alone. If you do "the right thing" you will be rewarded ;) .