Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What the RN needs is .....

Guest Mike

The RN had 60 submarines + 9 building at he start of WW2 - more than the Germans and more modern at that time.

I think 2 sub units would go a long way to correcting the perceived weakness of the RN.

I've not played the allied long enough yet - but does the RN get all 5 of the KG-IV battleships that were building?

There is also the matter of the other 15 BB's and BC's that the RN had at the start of the war, and the 7 carriers, with 5 new fleet carriers building - are any of these in the queue?

They had 66 cruisers in 1939 too.

Now many of these forces were dispersed overseas, but not THAT many. A script removing a carrier & a couple of other capital ships from teh game when Japan attacks the US would probably be quite a good historical move too......

Perhaps the RN should simply be bought up to strength??

I'm not sure what the scale Hubert is operating at

here. Yes a number of ships are "missing" from the

RN order of battle, which makes one think that many

of them are subsumed into the other fleet counters

(i.e. 2 BBs for one BB counter), but then the Germans

have both the Tirpitz AND Bismarck (but no

pocket battleships). Without knowing what kind of

scale exactly we have here (is a BB counter one BB,

2 CA, 3 CL, and 6 DD?), it's kind of hard to balance

things in a historical way...

Guest Mike

I just had the RN come out to fightthe KM off Belgium - the RN has ceased to exist, the KM took some damage but didn't lose a single ship or u-boat. The LW made 3 attacks in hte battle.

Seems a little unlikely really.

Given the ease with which naval combat occurs in SC the RN REALLY needs to be at full strength so it can be a proper deterent!

I'd love to see that, but it wont stop sealion from happening. :( I like the challenge, you accually have to strategize with your navy, and cooperate with your partners navies, Early war-France and Late War-US. I usually Keep my RN safe until the US comes into the war and with the naval tech, blow the german navy to bits and pieces.

Guest Mike

Add in a couple of RN subs to the mix too...- 1 in the Med, 1 in the Nth sea - can allied subs interdict the Norwegian convoys??

It's not that the Royal Navy is weak, you can destroy the German navy with it.

The problem is that the Roayl Navy is totally useless : it doesn't stop Sealion from happening and it can only hit enemy units occasionally, so what's the use of it anyway ?

Guest Mike

Yes you can destroy the German navy with it, but the German navy can destroy it too, which is nonsense.