CMBB INSTALL ISSUES! COME HERE FOR LATEST INFO!!!!

Madmatt

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Just a quick update. Everyone who has emailed I have entered into my replacment database. I was able to get everyones address and order info, so far.

If you get the installer error PLEASE be sure and email me at matt@battlefront.com and be sure and include your order number. If you dont have that then I can also look up your info by your email address or mailing address if need be.

Madmatt

Hi !

Does this offer exist for owners of the CDV- Version, too ?

Thank you

Originally posted by Stickel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Just a quick update. Everyone who has emailed I have entered into my replacment database. I was able to get everyones address and order info, so far.

If you get the installer error PLEASE be sure and email me at matt@battlefront.com and be sure and include your order number. If you dont have that then I can also look up your info by your email address or mailing address if need be.

Madmatt

Hi !

Does this offer exist for owners of the CDV- Version, too ?

Thank you</font>

Matt,

Just for the sake of technical feedback, my installer failed at wave file 00093305.wav (last file installed). Couple of other comments for what they are worth. The system is a Win98SE, the CD is a Toshiba CD-ROM XM-6602B, (not a DVD). If I remember right, it's a 32 speed. Older model. The CMBB CD was milky looking, so I cleaned it with a CD cleaner, and will try and reinstall.

Thx ya'll for being on top of things.

[ September 26, 2002, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Le Tondu,

I think part of the problem results from trying to cram too much onto a single CD-ROM which resulted in a poor installer going out with the game.
FYI, we had a lab take a look at some production samples today. We wondered about the size issue too.

They stated that CM's size was within acceptable tollerences, however we were 10MB or so over a threshold size. Below this size and there should be zero problems, over the size but under another (I forget how much) and the CD should be fine. The catch is that minor production errors can become killer more easily than if we had slightly less info on there. In short, the size of the CD is fine, but it certainly didn't help the issue of shoddy production any :( It is interesting to note that CDV's CDs are the same size and they have had no abnormal support claims come in.

Yeah, we ain't happy about the quality of the CDs we gave out. Something went wrong with the production run for sure, but THANK GOD it is only affecting a small number of people. That allows us to handle things quickly and "easily". Just imagine the chaos everybody would be facing of the failures were in the thousands instead of a few dozen! Ugh... that thought will probably keep me up tossing and turning tonight instead of sleeping soundly ;)

Steve

Update: Well here's a twist, I guess anyway. After cleaning the CD, tried it again in the X32 Toshiba XM-6602B CD-ROM, and again it failed but this time made it to wave file 00094000.wav.

Now, this is where it gets inneresting. I then tried it on my CD-R/RW drive, a X40 Samsung SW-216B, and wouldn't cha know. It installs flawlessly. Now, to verify the results I re-ran the installs in both drives again, and got the same results again. The Toshiba failed again on 00094000.wav, and the Samsung completed the install w/o error.

Ain't that a kick in the pants. Do I get a Tee Shirt with the replacement disk. "Official BTS Whiner!"

Err ah, yeah, I'm really glad it was me that got the bum disk. Cause I'd a really been upset if Michael Dorosh had got it. :D:D:D

[ September 26, 2002, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

aleader wrote:

I have a question: my copy hasn't gotten here yet, but suppose I get the game and it installs fine. Then, 6 months from now I decide to get a new CD-ROM and it won't install properly off my new one. What is Battlefont prepared to do in this situation?
Now that's a real good question. Like to hear the answer to that one.

[ September 28, 2002, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Triplett, try it first and then see what your options are. Most have at least loaded most of the game and only needed the files that Matt made available for DL. A couple of wav zips and the Scenarios.

With these files my game runs fine. Of course if I ever had to reinstall I would have the same issue.

Well damn, I got hit with this too. :(

I tried first using my CDRW drive and it couldn't even start the install. I put the disk in my DVD drive and got through most of the .wav files before it crapped out. I'm downloading the files now and sent an e-mail to Matt. It's disappointing, but at least there appears to be a work around for now. If the downloads don't work I'm going to go insane though! No damnit, it isn't just a game!!! :D

Looks like i need to join the Q guys.

I have 2 CD drives in my PC, one is a DVD the other a CDRW. The install failed on both (Several attempts) drives but at a different stage on each. The CDRW got the furthest and stopped with the following errors;

CRC failed in Wav\00093308

CRC failed in Wav\00093309

CRC failed in Wav\00093310

Followed by the same message as before on the DVD rom: "The system cannot read from the specified device" and the install halted.

I am now downloading the files as per the instructions on page one of this threa.

E-mail sent to Matt.

CDIC

More Odd Behaviour---

I have a 2.5G P4 with a Sony 52x CDROM and a

933Mhz P3 with the same exact 52x CDROM.

On the P4, I couldn't even get the CD to recognize the installer file. On the P3 I got the installer to run, but only to the point where everyone else's was stopping. :confused:

I then copied all of the files over my network to the P4, then added the downloable files, and it seems like the game is running correclty now....

I don't know why it would work on one CDROM and not the other...?

Originally posted by Triplett:

More Odd Behaviour---

I have a 2.5G P4 with a Sony 52x CDROM and a

933Mhz P3 with the same exact 52x CDROM.

On the P4, I couldn't even get the CD to recognize the installer file. On the P3 I got the installer to run, but only to the point where everyone else's was stopping. :confused:

I then copied all of the files over my network to the P4, then added the downloable files, and it seems like the game is running correclty now....

I don't know why it would work on one CDROM and not the other...?

Does the P4 have antivirus software running?

This could b why. Turning off antivirus during install, seems to work for me and several others.

[ September 29, 2002, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]