Characters and white objects now transparent

I just received a new computer and installed CMBO on it only to find all the white text and text boxes are "transparent". You see the outline of the text if you are lucky enough to have a picture in the background (e.g. scenario menu). In the briefing menu however the black text on white screen becomes black text on black screen...thus unreadable.

Hardware: 1.4GHz PIII w/512MB RAM and 64MB Quadro2 Pro Nvidia Display card using Win2K Pro.

I immediately downloaded the freshest drivers and DirectX (version 8a).

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Murray

You have run into the issue that almost all Windows 2000 and NVidia-based video card owners have seen with CM. There is no absolute answer for this problem. Some people have been able to get around this with some older drivers (3.78 - I'm not sure if they're available for every card out there), but I don't think this has been an universal answer (I'm not sure how well such a driver would work with GeForces, etc.).

You may want to ESC to the desktop and bring CM back up to see if the text will come back white or not (works sometimes).

If your machine was to use a different OS you would not have this problem. This seems to only occur with Win2K and NVidia.