Std 39 game: Are the scripts protecting the UK too powerfull?

While several changes have taken place, are the scripts for UK too powerfull dictating a 'No Sealion' game? You can look at it from a balance or historical view, and with the 'new' SC2 being developed perhaps this is moot.

As far as I can tell we have 3 default scripts:

1) USA/USSR readness: Incress when you land troops near London.

2) Capital shifts: Three time's with the last on to resource rich middle east.

3) 'Super' partisans: Better plan on putting 3+ units in the UK as the National defence force will destroy all resources just about every round one is left open.

While any or all of these can be adjusted in the editor I'm talking about the default game. In all the AARs ect here I think I've read of 1 or 2 Sealions, testiment to how poor a option it normally is; do these need to be changed?

Damn straight Super Partisans. haven't you seen Dad's Army? Captain Mannering would have kept those Nazi boys on their toes. They don't like it up 'em!

I don't think the scripts are over powerful, the alternative would be a realistic 1939 Royal navy which would include about 20 cruiser units.for that matter the RAF is much smaller in the game than in real life too, UK was outnumbered in 1940 but was producing more planes in 41 than Germany just in the UK alone, not including those bought from the US. On the other hand you could script a kind of reverse pacific fleet move where the player has to say goodbye to units once singapore is attacked.

Sealion was never gonna happen. It was delusions of grandeur from Hitler.

UK had too many ships and as Minty states UK is very much under represented in the game. In 1940 UK was almost equal to Germany in production, in 1941 it surpassed it.

But it is still quite possible with paratroopers and excellent planning the likes of which only Terif could probably achieve vs. an unprepared opponent.

It is not an easy task, but in History it wasn't an easy task either.

It costs you more than it is worth, however a late game Sea Lion is not impossible. Plus if too many UK Resources are removed from the Island and Cairo can be taken or is taken, anyone can do a Sea Lion.

Without England and a decent USSR the game will be lost for the Allies, so it must be hard for the Germans...

historically the British had a lot more resources than the earlier versions gave them for the game, they were in Norway-Greece-Crete and strong in North Africa. In the end it cost them.. UK could've had Libya. So they were in no way weak! They needed time to prepare and to build, they built some deadly Bombers, I think a great percentage of the UK Production of WW2 after Harris was Bombers! They believed it the tool to victory.

Axis should pay to get the Isles, but the Germans should get a paycheck bigger than 1000 MPPs. So that the idea of a Sea Lion is a paycheck the Axis might Pursue not erasing the idea... Forcing the Allies to defend it a little more, for the mid-late game when the Russians can steamroll the Axis on their own. Perhaps also an increase in Russian Supplies from the USA to the USSR

How about a possible uboat strangulation.I dont know how many people have played third reich but in that game if britains year start sequence brps(same as mpps)is below 75 germany has the option(with some consequences)to accept a sue for peace.I dont know how you could put that into this game.