Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Graphics loss

After about 30 minutes of gameplay small areas of graphics show-up as white. Game slows and more and more of the screen turns white until lose all graphics. I am able to save game and quit. Exit game and restart and can play for a little while before it does this again. Have reinstalled mods and reinstalled CM. I have been playing for several months but this is a recent development. Running game on PC, Windows 98, Voodoo3 3000 video card. Any ideas?

I'd suggest running at a resolution of 1024 x 768 or less. This seems to reduce the occurance of the "white out", but may not entirely eliminate it. This is a problem with the Voodoo 3 drivers and there's no permanent solution to my knowledge.

You may also want to cut down on the mods, especially the terrain mods such as trees and grass (and possibly buildings). Since there are quite a few of these in a game they'll eat up the VRAM quickly and that seems to be at the heart of the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions. Now if I could only get the game to work right. Am running at 800x600 16bit resolution and replaced the velvet grass :( with a low-res grass but still had white out problem after a few rounds. Will try Porajkl's suggestion of driver updates and see if that works.

• 2 weeks later...