Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Commandos raid at Vaagso, Norway

Spoiler: If you intend to play this double blind, don't read.

Originally posted by Captitalistdoginchina:

Use your arty wherever you want, the town was evacuated just 10 minutes ago

Now THAT is good news. Vaagso, meet Lt HMS Kenya, Lt HMS Kenya, meet Vaagso. Are those plumes of oily black smoke I see?

Glad we got that cleared up.

[ August 11, 2002, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd add my experiences to date by way of on-going feedback about eth scenario

I'm playing as the Germans - my opponent is whimpering and moaning about the casualties he took in his assault boats and threatening to surrender!!

some of it at least is pure bluster/gamesmanship, 'cos I know he got a bunch of ppl ashore without them being seen (they've turned up at all the wrong places!! :( )

I'm busy trying to do as much damage as I can to his unsupported commandos before anything else arrives - I know he must get moer because otherwise it's jsut a massacre (I often use "hmm.....I've got a bunch so he must have a bunch too" as an enemy force assessment system!! smile.gif )

Of course a quick accidental look at this thread helps - and yes, I've sent him the URL for this too!! lol

When your assault boats get opened up on by the "shore batteries" things go to hell in a hurry. I managed to avoid the worst of it except for a couple poor platoons who are diving for oysters now. Worst part was it was from a single previously ID'd gun but I mismanaged my LOS. oops.

SPOILER ALERT

Played as Allies and surrendered on turn 25.

My tin cans were being slaughtered by ubiquitous 20 and 75 mm HT's and 50 mm Pak whilst trying to deal with the hordes of German HE assets.

When I surrendered it turned out I had 900 men left, the Germans 800 (200 casualties to both sides). About equal in numbers and massively outgunned, I think I made a wise decision not to press the issue...