Body counts?

Last night I played a mission. After the mission, the AAR said that I had 15 Axis kills. I then stepped through all my Allied units adding up kills to arrive at 10 Axis kills.

Should these two numbers match? Where did the other 5 kills go? Were they the result of Axis friendly fire?

Thanks.

The two numbers will, generally, never match. The AAR tells you the actual number of casualties suffered by both sides, but each of your units will only show "kills" that are confirmed.

A typical example is machine gun fire at fairly long range. You may well cause a casualty or two, but after the game, you will rarely get credit for it, because it wasn't something the unit could see well enough to be sure of exactly what they had done.

Think of it as part of the fog of war. Though your men are firing at the enemy, they will rarely know with any certainty exactly what effect they had on that enemy.

Same with vehicles. Your tank may have a kill of an "unknown vehicle", and even though you will know exactly what it was after the scenario is over, the crew never knew what it was.