Mac TCP/IP Problems

I keep getting :"Could not open connection at TCP/IP address" when I try to set up a TCP/IP game. I am on an imac 500mhz, running CM 1.12 and I am connected to the "internet". Do I need to set anything in my preferences panel for TCP/IP? Is there a walkthrough for TCP/IP setup posted anywhere? I searched but nothing pertinent. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the reply. The address is correct. I am not behind a firewall that I am aware of, and I am on a 56k modem connection. I assume that it is something that I have set incorrectly in my TCP/IP prefs. Still working on it, if anyone has any other ideas, let me know. Im geared up to play in the Bulge Campaign on Sunday, and this is getting my goat.

Hi Ben Does your opponent have mo e than one IP address try looking at the remote access panel as well as the CM interface IP number Ive often found differances and usually its the remote acces panel that gives me the correct one.

If you have given him your IP he may be roaming looking for you but you may have given him you Cm interface number not the remote access one

Im not an expert but I blunder on with it too managing to connect eventually

If you installed the TCP/IP addition by dragging everything out the folders and into the CM folder, it won't work. So when all else fails read the instructions. That was the final part that fixed it for me. Re-installed it correctely and it worked as advertized.

BTW, is this a direct internet connection or via a router with NAT or a Firewall?