CMAK-Very choppy graphics.

Although CMAK appears to function correctly on my machine, I am getting very choppy and slow graphics. I'm not a computer guy so I need some help. I suspect its the RAM, but here goes:

OS-XP Home Edition

CPU-2.406 Celeron processor

120 Ram

Intel ® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics controller

Screen resolution is set at 1024X768 true color

I hope that's enough info.

I would really appreciate any help you guys can throw my way.

check your RAM again, if it really is 128mb that's probably at least one of your problems

XP barely runs under that low an overhead

and celeron for processing power in CM is far from ideal - it'll work in cmbo, but i've got my doubts about its viability in cmbb and cmak

did you see stuttering and slowness in cmbb with this set up?

and i'm not familiar with the graphics, is that integrated? that'd be another source of slowness if it is

it may be time for some new hardware redface.gif

The Intel 845 integrated graphics chip isn't a very powerful 3D graphics solution. 1024x768 is probably a little more than it can handle smoothly with CM. As an immediate solution I suggest deleting your Prefs file and selecting a resolution of 800x600. This will only go so far however since CMAK is fairly graphics intensive and pretty much any integrated graphics chip is going to have a hard time displaying the graphics without being choppy.

Some additional RAM could help too (another 128Mb or more), but it really won't cure the choppiness that you're seeing. To cure that you should purchase an AGP videocard. Depending on how much you want to spend you could get a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 or an FX 5200 Ultra or FX 5600. There are even better cards than these, but they'll cost you more. A dedicated videocard will go a long way towards solving the choppiness that you're seeing.