Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Ye olde prisoner bug

I just played a TCP/IP game and encountered the old (CM:BO) 'Prisoner bug' which forced us to switch to PBEM. The game freezes half-way through the calculation and exits when I press a key. We tried reopening the next turn via TCP/IP but it still froze.

Have anybody else encountered this and reported it?

Gustra

Which game was this? CMBB? Do you have a copy of the autosave that can reliably replicate this issue? We tested the Bejesus outa this one and could never get it to reoccur in CMBB. You could be seeing a different crash though.

v1.01 fixes a lot of very odd and rather hard to have happen crashes. This may be one of them.

Send me that autosave though if you can.

Madmatt

That was a quick reply! smile.gif Just read your info about 1.01 and the scenario we played was "A Battle of Minors". I suppose any save file should be o.k since they show the problem? My opponent has the autosave and I might get it later unless it was overwritten.

Gustra

Originally posted by Gustra:

That was a quick reply! smile.gif Just read your info about 1.01 and the scenario we played was "A Battle of Minors". I suppose any save file should be o.k since they show the problem? My opponent has the autosave and I might get it later unless it was overwritten.

Gustra

Several people (me included) have had A Battle of Minors freeze while the turn is being generated. I was always able to reopen the turn and continue though.

We were not able to continue. We hade an odd setup, though. He had to host since I am behind a firewall, but the turn was computed on my computer while it died. IIRC, since he had to reload the Autosave, none of my orders were saved and I did not get an oppertunity to add any. That solved itself since we had to move to PBEM :\

Gustra