Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What german tank for what timeframe?

I've just finished an attack against a few russian T-26 and PAK Guns, using the Panzer 38(E) in August 1942.

My Panzers had a reaaaally hard time getting anything else than riochets on that T-26. Shooting range up to 600, 700 meters.

Are Panzer 38 obsolte in this time frame? Should I rather go with 3 Panzer III than 4 Panzer 38?

Would be neat to have a general listing on what tanks you need to stay competitive in every year.

Well, I like the 38t whenever it is available.

I think the issue here is that tanks like the 38t and the BT-7 are not designed to slug it out with any serious armor. They are fast exploration tanks. You move them around and between enemy tanks and AT screens and mess up everything else they have.

Since CM has no on-board artillery and high-level HQ structure their use is slightly less important. At the very least you need a big map.

And 38t and BT-7 truly shine on difficult ground conditions (mud, snow). Then the distances become much bigger in armor movement terms. Unless the opponent was clever enough to buy enough light AT guns to chase them off he may be in trouble.