Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

lost sound in 1.1 beta TCP/IP game

It was odd and only happened once. All the sounds were missing completely except for when my opponent would send a chat message and and I got the sound cue for that. I tried the sound hotkey and sounds were on There was occurence in the game that preceded it. For one turn I could not move my units. I couldn't even hit go. I could change map view. Once the time for that turn had expired and the replay had run, I could move myunits but had no sound. The sound hasn't gone again and I've played two more full 20 turn games since. I've got my errorlog from the day I installed the patch if you need to see it. BTW, considering what you've added this is a more bugfree beta than other companies' updated and released products. Are you listening Microsoft?

• 2 months later...

I had sound with the 1.1 beta, but when i installed the "real" 1.1 patch i lost all sound. It is not the card, all system sounds work fine and my old copy of 1.05 still has sound, but the 1.1 there is nothing at all.

I have reinstalled from the cd and then patched up to 1.1 (via 1.05) to no avail.

Next thing i am going to do is completely uninstall and then reinstall and then patch again. I'll let you know.

Peng

EDIT

Nothing to see here....I did the complete uninstall and reinstall (after backing up all pbem and saved games, and applied mods) and the sound is all better now.

[This message has been edited by MrPeng (edited 02-09-2001).]