Guessing about...

I`m playing a PBEM ME QB at the Moment with the following settings:

2 Companys and 1 Platoon veteran Gebirgsjager with Support from 6 HMG 42 and 2 75mm lIG ( mine ) against 1 Battallion regular American Paratroops ( enemy ). It is now Turn 16 of 30 and my forces are down to 53% Morale and 53% Victory, the American is at 32% Victory, after I had to committ my Reserves. Ok, ok, i fully messed up with 2 platoons and no Squad is at 100% strength now anymore. Two small and one big flag is in the battle, the big one is contested with a platoon of mine plus 2 HMG42`s and under fierce attacks. The two small ones are shared between me and him and both safe for the owning side.

I am now wondering, how, if I calculate the complete annihilation of two american companies plus their support, that battle ends. Any suggestions or ideas from the moment? :confused:

Surrendered in Turn 23, as morale dropped to 37% and only one last platoon was able to fight efficient. Don`t wanted to sacrifice the Gebirgsjager boys against overwhelming American Numbers. At least something to learn from.
You should have requested a cease-fire instead. I believe you always get it immediately playing against the AI.

Sorry, just realised you stated it was a PBEM. Maybe your opponent would have accepted a ceasefire request?

[ December 31, 2002, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: ColdSober ]