Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBB - More Posts from the Front

Just a few quick personal observations -before I am off to work- for those of you who have yet install the game and might be wary of what you will discover.

*The infantry model is more realistic than that in -BO (based on my observations of soldiers over the last 20+ years).

*I have found that if one utilizes "actual" tactics as opposed to "game system" tactics success will come more often.

*In -BB one finally realizes the power of suppressive fire.

*Machineguns of all types come into their own and one can understand how historically a single German MG position could hold off veritable hordes of Russian Inf closing across open ground.

*The visiblity restrictions faced by armor can be exploited (as was historically) and "tank hunter" teams, when used properly, are a thing to be feared.

*Infantry confrontations might be a bit slower to develop, but can be vicious affairs (it could be me, but there seem to be quite a few more hand grenades about).

*I have found it even more important in -BB to review my troops and try to match their abilities to the tasks I have at hand.

All-in-all one of the best representations of Eastern Front combat so far. I can only hope some thought has been given to updating CMBO with the new engine.

MSD