Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Equipment Database?

I am going to try to make something pretty comprehensive...hopefully...

I will publish the results as soon as they are done. Basically it will cover every country, and unit in the game with in game pictures and real life pictures of the units and perhaps a little text about the unit later on...

Think ASL Chapter H for Combat Mission...

nevermind...I reviewed the files again...I needed to change the text color, and I'm thinking that these are WAY better than what I was going to do simply because they are much more elegant...I am going to focus on another project!

Thanks!

Keith

Originally posted by medlinke:

nevermind...I reviewed the files again...I needed to change the text color, and I'm thinking that these are WAY better than what I was going to do simply because they are much more elegant...I am going to focus on another project!

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment. It took quite a while to do, but it helped me learn a good deal about the various units and their capabilities. Didn't make my gameplay much better, though. tongue.gif

Not sure what you're considering taking on, but if you're thinking of doing a unit pricing chart, well, you may want to reconsider. smile.gif I tried and gave up. It's a hideous amount of work. Jason (Guachi) finished one, but hasn't updated it in quite a while, and I don't think it's available online anymore. Some of the units in CMBO even have prices which change depending on the time of year (mostly due to ammo changes). Just thought I'd warn you in case you got this crazy idea in your head. smile.gif

- Chris

• 2 months later...

Wolfe,

Very nice charts. LOTS of time went into filling those out, I'm sure.

I do FileMaker database development and would love to take your data and import it into a database structure that could make finding data, or comparing data a little faster.

Some quick pulldown menus and buttons could make finding particular units quicker as well as the ability to compare stats of different units really quickly. I'd be happy to create the databases and even creat Mac and Windows applications to view the data in.. but being your data to begin with, would like your permission.

regards

Scott Karch

Originally posted by Chris Knapp:

Just curious, but has anyone put this data into a database and put it up on the web via ASP or coldfusion or anything? It would be searchable and a lot easier to manage!

The only one I know of is on the Dogs of War site.

Scott wrote:

I do FileMaker database development and would love to take your data and import it into a database structure that could make finding data, or comparing data a little faster.

Well, if you really want to, feel free. I don't own the data in the charts, BTS does. But it may be more work than you counted on. smile.gif

- Chris