What the Rags are saying about CMBB

Originally posted by Warmaker:

Hey guys, what level are you guys on in CMBB? I suck since I wasn't aware there were levels.

Also, I plan on starting a petition to get upgrades. I want my Panthers and Tigers to be upgraded to Leopard 2A5's if I get enough victory points by 1944. I also demand the option to replace my stinkin' Mausers and MG42s with G11s and MG3s.

MP5's! MP5's!!! :eek: :eek: OMFG SPAS-12!!111!!!

:eek: :eek:

gOtSkIllz@AOL.com email me if u wantu play cOuNtEr StRiKe. redface.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

What's a bleedin' Frenchman doing in a German uniform? Talk about collaboration with a capital C.

Regards

Jim R.

That's Jean Reno from the movie Léon (which is called The Professional in the US and is edited).

That's funny that you mention it's a French guy. He looks French, but he's not. He plays an Italian in Léon, so I figured he's Italian in real life, however after reading about him, I found out that he was born in Casablanca!

Originally posted by Frenchy:

USA Today has reviewed CMBB...

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/techreviews/games/pcgames/2002-12-04-spotlight-combat_x.h tm

OK that is COOL

I have never read a review where they say this:

"The scale of the game — infantry in squads of around 10 men, individual tanks and artillery pieces — is

that of Advanced Squad Leader, the war buff's favorite cardboard-based game.

But while skill at the board game was mostly a matter of mastery of the voluminous rule book, Combat

Mission players can leave the rules to the computer and concentrate on applying real-world tactics like

covering fire and advancing in bounds. "

its in the USA Today review

-tom w

[ December 06, 2002, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

The USATODAY review was one of the fairest and most informative I have yet seen.

It certainly reads like the author has a good appreciation not only of the background but the current state of the game as well.

Is the article in a print copy of the USATODAY?

BDH

That above article was reviewed by Peter Svennson. Isn't he a member of this board?

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/….~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of BTS (Baldy got the Fat Bastard Chardonnay!)</font>
  • ”Thank You” donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Donation send to Team Boots & Tracks for their splendid RoW scenarios</font>
  • Donation send to Gordon Molek for his outstanding CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze) </font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)
    </font>

Originally posted by Peter Svensson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WineCape:

That above article was reviewed by Peter Svennson. Isn't he a member of this board?

Yes, but it's been a while since I contributed. Of course, I had to check out the reaction to the review!</font>

Originally posted by AnonymousOxide:

That's funny that you mention it's a French guy. He looks French, but he's not. He plays an Italian in Léon, so I figured he's Italian in real life, however after reading about him, I found out that he was born in Casablanca!

Jean Reno is french. He is born in Casablanca, Morocco, in 1948, his first nationality was spanish, since his parents are castillans immigrants and his true name is Juan Moreno Errere y Rimenes. After his military service, he definitively settles in France at age of 17 in order to escape the fascist Spain.

[ December 09, 2002, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Thin Red Line ]

Updated PCZone's dismal revie.

the review is very superficial. A little bit like complaining and penalising a fine bottle of wine when it is served in mugs.

thanks to Rostik for permission to url the scanned article.

cheers!

Has anyone found a review in Swedish (published in a magazine, paper or on a regular gaming site)?

I'd guess not, since CDV, AFAIK, haven't given out any promotional games to reviewers (an absolute must to get any reviews here in Sweden)...

I've now at least written a very short, 1500 characters, review for my local newspaper.

Cheers

Olle

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

Has anyone found a review in Swedish (published in a magazine, paper or on a regular gaming site)?

I work as a media analyst, and I read the major newspapers on a daily basis, (DN, SVD, GP, SDS, Aftonbladet, Expressen), as well as a bunch of lifestyle monthlies, and to be honest I have not seen any reviews at all. Not even Swedish PCGamer has had an review as far as I can remember.

But yeah, CDV's marketing efforts here seems to be lukewarm at best. To be honest I have only seen CMBB on the shelves here in Gothenburg once.

If I stumble upon a review, I will let you guys know.

M

[ December 17, 2002, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: DrAlimantado ]