What are these terms?

I am a bit new with WW2 things but very very interested in WW2. And I have some terms what I want to know:

Tanks have armor. For example Panzer IVH with skirts has in Lower Hull front armor 80/14. What does these numbers stand for? If they were xx/yy what would xx mean and would it be better to be high or low? And same with yy?

Infantry has firepower. What does that firepower number stand for? Like german Rifle Squad 41 has firepower 24 at 500m. What's that 24?

Thanks for answers!

Infantry firepower is an abstraction for this game only. The higher the better.

Armour numbers is thickness in mm and degrees of the slope, so it´s always good if the xx is high (for armour protection at least, it usually increases weight and in that way reduces mobility and that´s negative).

You have to be careful with the yy numbers, as it depends if it´s degrees from the horizontal or from the vertical.

In the game it´s from the vertical, so the higher the number, the better.

In some books on armour it´s degrees from the horizontal, so the smaller the number the better.

[ December 31, 2002, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]

The infantry number is a numeric value for the units hitting power. The higher the number the more death and destruction it can send your way. The rating will increase as range closes as more weapons are able to come into effective range(MGs then rifles then SMG then Pistols, grenades, fists, etc).