Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AussieJeff Lighter Grass Mod

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Voxman:

A gridded version would be nice !

There's no reason why that couldn't be done. All it takes is for a gridding expert to download my mod, apply the grids and repost as a joint mod. Hey Presto! Whoever wants to have a crack at it is welcome to claim their fair share of credit...

Go for it guys. I'm easy!! :D

AJ

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

One hour download time. Aussie Jeff and 56k's don't go together well.

Maybe? the wait will be worth it Boo, Oh ye of the instant gratification ilk! :D

Lemme know how it looks on your UberPC.

AJ</font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AussieJeff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

One hour download time. Aussie Jeff and 56k's don't go together well.

Maybe? the wait will be worth it Boo, Oh ye of the instant gratification ilk! :D

Lemme know how it looks on your UberPC.

AJ</font>

Um, say, Jeff...? After an hour and five minute download, all I ended up with was a folder labeled "Aussie__Jeff__Summer__Grass Folder" with nothing in it. Is this some kind of cruel Aussie humor?

:(

Okay, to be more accurate, first I got a 19MB document in zip format. But when I run it through StuffIt Expander, then I get the empty folder.

Michael

[ October 09, 2002, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Um, say, Jeff...? After an hour and five minute download, all I ended up with was a folder labeled "Aussie__Jeff__Summer__Grass Folder" with nothing in it. Is this some kind of cruel Aussie humor?

:(

Okay, to be more accurate, first I got a 19MB document in zip format. But when I run it through StuffIt Expander, then I get the empty folder.

Michael

I assume this was downloaded from my site... I'll check into it. I can make a .sit version if you like....

Michael,

I just downloaded and extracted fine on one of my Mac's so I think it's an isolated issue. What version of Stuffit are you using? Might grab the latest if yours isn't.

We can send them 1 bmp at a time...there's only 30 of them.... :D

[ October 10, 2002, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: GJK ]

Originally posted by GJK:

What version of Stuffit are you using?

v7.0. I wonder if I shouldn't go back to 6.5 for this.

A little later: Aha! That was it! 6.5 opened it and I got ten bmp files. Cool! Now to dl the rest of them...

Michael

[ October 10, 2002, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

A question:

There are four Mac files for summer grass ... am I assuming correctly that I just need to download file 4? And for winter grass, do I download both parts?

Sorry for being stupid.

Thanks for the mods. They look great in the screen shots on the forum.

Originally posted by scoop88:

A question:

There are four Mac files for summer grass ... am I assuming correctly that I just need to download file 4? And for winter grass, do I download both parts?

Sorry for being stupid.

The 4 .sit files comprise the entire .zip version of AJ's summer grass mod, so you'll need to grab all 4 parts (or just the one zip, they're just .bmps).

And yes, you need both parts of the Winter grass to complete the entire set.

Originally posted by GJK:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by scoop88:

A question:

Sorry for being stupid.

The 4 .sit files comprise the entire .zip version of AJ's summer grass mod, so you'll need to grab all 4 parts (or just the one zip, they're just .bmps).

And yes, you need both parts of the Winter grass to complete the entire set.</font>

Gary (GJK), thanks for hosting all those mods on your site!

Here's a question regarding your grass mods. Last night I downloaded your "lighter grass 3 despeckled," since from the screenshots I thought it looked best. Does "3" refer to the version number, or are there 2 (or more) other zips I also need to get in order to have your complete set? Also, what are the main differences between your grasses labled "2" and "3"?

Thanks again.