Help! Mac text editors...argh

Hey there, anyone have any advice for me about what Mac text editor to use to load briefings? I used Word first and it gave me gobbledy-gook. Then I tried 'text-only' format, 'rich-text format' and even Mac's Simple Text. But I can seem to replace the gobbledy-gook file with any other file. Gives me the error-sound and won't load.

Any suggestions? I already ran a search and didn't find much help.

I have used Word successfully for CMBO in the past. Type your briefing, save it as a text file - not RTF -, close the file, launch CM, and load the briefings.

Since you said you tried saving the docs as text, I don't know what the problem is.

Clarification #2 - It seems that it doesn't make much of a difference between "text-only" and "text-only with line breaks" - BUT - they both seem to work (I needed to do a little song-and-dance between getting out of the scenario editor and going back in before it would load), but now how do I get rid of those *%&*# line breaks!?. Even using 'text-only' (without line breaks) it inserts them. It's not that bad looking, but I had being untidy...