Preferences for Quick Battle parameters........

Please feel free to give me your parameter preferences for Quick Battle scenarios.

Historically ,except in rare situations, didn't the Allies usually have a numerical superiority in men and equipment?

When I set up a Quick Battle I like to give the Allies +25% to +50% setting. Quite frankly, I just feel that this gives the game a more historically accurate perspective.

Of course there were situations like the Battle of the Bulge but for the most part didn't the Allies generally have numerical superiority from D-Day on?

For those of you who play using Quick Battles, I would like to know what the parameters are that you usually select (If there is a usually).

Thanks....

Jack Carr,

do you usually play allies? If that's the case the only problem is it that it becomes too easy too win ;)

Now that's historical I know, but it tends to lead to bad habits and tactics which the extra forces cover up. When you start playng real people in PBEM/TCP you'll get slaughtered.

BTW with QB's I usually let the AI defend, 1000pts med trees and hills, med map, farmland.

[ July 07, 2002, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Viceroy ]

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

When I set up a Quick Battle I like to give the Allies +25% to +50% setting.

Playing as Germans vs the AI, yes 50% more on US side is OK. Plus copmuter experience bonus.

As for map I prefer rural (modest-heavy tree cover, modest hills) or village (heavy tree cover, gentle slopes - modest hills). Those combinations make for the most appealing map in my opinion.

Rest I leave often to random except if I want to play with my favoutire units of course.

Against another human:

I like QBs where the forces are as equal as possible in a ME with the flags turned off. Regulars/Veterans are almost always used. Everything is agreed upon before playing.

I also like ME QBs where each side has 2 heavy tanks, 4 regular tanks, 4 light tanks or 4 A/Cs for recon, a platoon of rifle infantry, 1 artillery spotter, and one truck. The truck cannot be moved once placed as it is the object of the opponent to find and destroy it. Artillery cannot be used until the truck has been spotted. Flags turned off here too.

The variations are infinite.

[ July 07, 2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

These are the settings I usually use against the computer:

I set the game up as an Allied Probe, about 1500 points. Change force type to Armor for both sides. Random force selection. Map type to Rural.

This is usually a very good challenge. The computer already has the flags so it wont stumble forward into your forces. Also the computer is defending with both armor and fixed guns, thats going to make it very tough for you because you are attacking with armor.

Give this a try. I only win about half of these so I think its a pretty good ballance.

[ July 07, 2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: George-III ]