PBEM player seeing different units die

In a PBEM game my opponent and I saw different out comes. I had two greyhounds moving by bounding over watch. I saw one get killed by a Hetzer (the one that was currently watching), the other killed the Hetzer, and I ran it in behind some woods to avoid a flanking PZR IV. My opponent saw the PZIV kill the Greyhound that killed the Hetzer.

My opponent became irate because in the next turn, that I sent back, he saw the greyhound that he says he just killed, run behind the trees and kill another one of his tanks. Now, what I saw was my greyhound run behind the trees but it didn’t kill the new tank but a Sherman killed it that was also providing over watch from a longer distance.

It looks like point wise we saw the same thing but in presentation we saw different things; in one case different units of the same class died and in another case a tank was killed by a different units

I’ve never seen this in CM until now.

The only wacky thing I've seen the comes even close to that was having a Puma get its Gun Damaged, at which point I saved the game and called it a night. The next day, the gun wasn't damaged anymore...cool for me (it was vs. the AI, so no my opponent voiced no complaints!)

Hammer,

Would I be correct in stating that the kills which "didn't happen" occured right at the end of the movie file.

This is a relatively rare bug in which kills recorded at the very end of the movie file don't carry on into the next movie file.

Basically once the 60th second is reached ONLY artillery shells in flight are resolved. Sometimes an AP shell or suchlike is in mid-flight at that time and kills an enemy vehicle. However VERY rarely that kill doesn't take ( because of its temporal position) and the situation you described occurs.

Hammer,

Are you guys sure you are sending the same file back and forth? It sounds like you might have been playing two versions of the same game for a turn or so. This could happen if one of you renamed the file before sending it and they got mixed up.

Just a thought.... Toad